Two core parts of LXDE most of the time are releasing together, and this time it is not an exclude of that convenient habit. Not much changes since last release, as developers had too busy time and fortunately no crazy bugs were found. That said, some crash was fixed and, of course, translations updates, now this application combo is fully translated to Catalan, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Galician, Kazakh, Lithuanian, Polish, Russian, Turkish and Ukrainian languages.
New release tarballs download links:
libfm-1.3.1.tar.xz – SHA1: 29539f50acd5c00a00362adffd532053b0688e66
pcmanfm-1.3.1.tar.xz – SHA1: 4de1e5cb00fbf837c137f205e7e2327e3b49cb90
Changes since previous LibFM release 18.104.22.168 (see git log for details):
- Fixed crash on reload while directory changes (folder might be not ready yet).
- Changed size of large thumbnails to 512 since 256*256 appears to be small on hi-res displays.
- Added application/gzip to archivers.list file next to application/x-gzip.
- Added image/x-compressed-xcf to archivers.list file for xarchiver.
Changes since previous PCManFM release 1.3.0 (see git log for details):
- Allowed bigger sizes of icons and thumbnails as 256*256 appears to be small on hi-res displays.
Since release of 1.3.0 only a week has been passed but two inconvenient issues were found and fixed, therefore it was decided to release a hotfix version, 22.214.171.124.
New release tarballs download links:
libfm-126.96.36.199.tar.xz – SHA1: aa7f73987866e557b74b8a28d0fea339d53899b6
Changes since previous LibFM release 1.3.0 (see git log for details):
- Fixed launching menu entries shortcuts on desktop which was broken by making them all executable in 1.3.0 – those should be launchable still.
- Fixed installing modules into non-standard path: libtool couldn’t relink them properly.
As usual, two core parts of LXDE are released together, with the same version, just because those are very close one to another, of course. In hope there will be a lot of features implemented the release was delayed for so long time but… life isn’t so simple, so not much of features added but anyway there is a reason to increase second number of the version yet, so it is 1.3 now.
New release tarballs download links:
libfm-1.3.0.tar.xz – SHA1: 6da370336a0b84d406919cd5a09d5f2c3299a2e9
pcmanfm-1.3.0.tar.xz – SHA1: 690fb28c0957ad56e28d1b8f5384e63462c118b2
Changes since previous LibFM release 1.2.5 (see git log for details):
- Added emblem support by reading the “metadata::emblems” attribute provided by GFileInfo. The metadata is provided by gio/gvfs and are currently stored in $XDG_DATA_HOME/gvfs-metadata.
- Fixed typo: occured -> occurred.
- Made desktop entries treaten as executables. Now clicking on a native desktop file opens a confirmation dialog instead of executing it. Trashed desktop files are only opened as text files and desktop files under system menu (i.e. menu://applications/) are executed without prompt as before.
- Fixed build error with vala 0.36.1.
- Fixed crash on launching nonexistent link targets.
- Added tooltips for attributes of copying files.
- Fixed thumbnails generation for files in the thumbnails cache directory which actually should never be done.
- Fixed crash on pasting large string when completion matches.
- Prevented creation corrupted image thumbnails with gdk-pixbuf2 >= 2.36.1.
- Fixed crash in fm_config_load_from_file().
- Dropped displaying “extension” for a directory.
- Fixed crash on pasting a file into the search folder, show an error message when the copy destination doesn’t exist instead.
- Added new API for FmAction new object type, to replace old VALA-generated code. New API is more convenient, C instead of VALA, and should support all DES-API specification features, not just limited set.
- Migrated module ‘gtk-menu-actions’ to new DES-EMA actions API.
- Added display of data transferred to progress dialog.
- Fixed wrong names for files, copied from Google Drive and similar places.
Changes since previous PCManFM release 1.2.5 (see git log for details):
- Fixed potential access violation, use runtime user dir instead of tmp dir
for single instance socket.
- Fixed an issue with losing icons on desktop, when file name has a ‘[‘ char.
- Added a missing tooltip for ‘New Window’ toolbar button.
- Fixed an issue when single instance socket directory did not exist (see https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=874753).
Those two components are usually released together. They are tightly bound, you know, and even if PCManFM 1.2.3 supports build using 1.0.1 series of LibFM yet, that is not the best (because most of functionality lies in LibFM and using old version you lose much) and it’s always better to use last one. So far nothing new happened, no 1.3 version in active development, so only bugs fixed, making this piece of software more reliable for your fun.
New release tarballs download links:
libfm-1.2.3.tar.xz – SHA1: c3f2f34086761d89d6aba549883610084ba00750
pcmanfm-1.2.3.tar.xz – SHA1: 0a195301de31c82f1c169e620be7cea8b91813b5
Changes since previous LibFM release 188.8.131.52 (see git log for details):
- Changed licence for libfm-extra and libfm components from GPL-2 to LGPL-2.1.
- Fixed crash on dropping URL queries into some folder.
- Fixed filename on dropping URI queries into folder: URI query like http://some.site/path/query.php?new=yes&mine=0 should be never saved with file name path/query.php?new=yes&mine=0 but as query.php instead like all the web browsers do.
- Disabled debug messages in XML parser, it spammed a lot.
- Fixed content type detection which was broken in last release.
- Fixed incorrect call to g_environ_setenv() in the terminal call.
- Replaced deprecated atk_component_get_position() calls.
- Fixed invalid callback get_image_position() on ATK icon of ExoIconView, it could loop and therefore hang the application.
- Disabled deprecated atk_focus_tracker_notify() with new libatk.
- Fixed installation of headers with parallel install, it could create invalid symlink /usr/share/libfm/libfm in some conditions.
- Corrected handling of application launch failure – launch content have to be informed about failure if startup notify id was retrieved from it before.
- Fixed usage of POSIX.1-2001 declaration `environ’ with GLib < 2.28.
- Fixed “out-of-tree” build (e.g. make distcheck).
- Corrected menu cache to sync in fm_app_chooser_dlg_dup_selected_app(), otherwise it would not work without menu preloaded.
- Fixed launch of applications with %f or %u argument – it should launch not just first file but all of them with the same command.
- Fixed unneeded fm-folder-config save even if no changes were made.
- Fixed not updated file in FmFolder if file was not changed within last 2 seconds. In case of fast download it was not updated in time. This may cause a little performance issue though due to thumbnails update.
- Fixed crash if g_file_get_basename() returns NULL.
- Fixed issue with desktop entry file selected in the Application chooser dialog, it tried to execute the desktop entry directly. Now it setups dialog fields from that desktop entry instead.
- Fixed problem with unwanted application substitution in the Application chooser dialog: if user selected no name then no replacements should be attempted.
- Fixed default app detection in Application chooser combo box.
Changes since previous PCManFM release 1.2.2 (see git log for details):
- Disabled unrequested config save on changing dir if show_hidden changes.
- Replaced deprecated atk_component_get_position() calls.
- Fixed invalid callback get_image_position() on ATK icon, it could loop and therefore hang the application.
- Increased delay on restoring scroller position from 20 to 50 ms.
Hard at work and huge changes were served. Below you’ll find the NEWS files for PCManFM and libfm, usually we post the git log and link the commit IDs to the log but that is not possible this time, the NEWS files combined are 4800 words!
pcmanfm-1.2.0.tar.xz, sha1: d2a72a25d1f5a9fd6a245bfe5a8723969fa27e9a
libfm-1.2.0.tar.xz, sha1: f4da9f73111364291501bfc752c50d43a17f17cf
PCManFM – full git log
- Implemented accessibility for the desktop managed by pcmanfm.
- Added missing accessibility relations between main window parts.
- Added tooltips for desktop items. Tooltips contain full file names, while desktop text shows them truncated in case of long names.
- For LibFM version 1.2.0 (and newer) show version of LibFM in the About window as well, not just PCManFM version.
- Added support for configuration options of LibFM 1.1.0 and 1.2.0 into Preferences dialog.
- Adopted new LibFM APIs and disabled all the deprecated calls.
- Implemented separated desktop configuration for each monitor. The Desktop Preferences dialog will be applied only to current monitor.
If no setup was ever done for secondary monitor then setup will be copied from primary one. Configuration will be converted into new style
from old one on the first start of PCManFM desktop manager. The new configuration will be not known to old version of PCManFM so if you
start old one again, it will gain default configuration for the desktop instead.
- Changed representing of sort mode in config file: instead of numerics ‘sort_type’ and ‘sort_by’ it’s saved as ‘sort=’ text setting. Thus it is possible to save extended modes such as ‘case’ or ‘mingle’ and save sort by extended columns (see LibFM new APIs).
- Implemented saving of columns (works for Detailed List View mode). The list of columns is represented as [:<width]. This feature will work with LibFM 1.0.2 or newer. The LibFM 1.1.x will get some
benefit only, the PCManFM can load that list from config. The possibility to catch columns change is available since LibFM 1.2.0 so this feature will work in full only with LibFM 1.2.0 or newer.
- Changed strings to follow common Human Interface Guidelines for strings capitalization.
- New tab with Search Results now opened in Detailed List View mode with columns: Name, Description, Location, Size, Modified. Since Search Results is a special folder, its layout should be other than default.
- The ‘Tools’->’Open Current Folder as Root’ menu item is removed along with ‘su_cmd’ configuration option. That mode is too much dangerous and appropriate functionality can be achieved using DES-EMA extension for context menu, no need to hardcode it into PCManFM.
- Added support for extended sort modes into main menu.
- If used with LibFM 1.2.0 or newer then list of view modes in the main menu will be not hardcoded but list of supported view modes retrieved from FmStandardView widget.
- Added support for per-folder configurations: sort mode, show_hidden, and view mode. The settings will be loaded from the file .directory if it exists, the file ~/.config/pcmanfm//dir-settings.conf will be used otherwise (and if linked with LibFM 1.2.0 or newer then the file
~/.config/libfm/dir-settings.conf will be used instead by the LibFM). Those settings will be saved not for each of the visited folders but only if ‘View’->’Save for This Folder’ checkbox in the main menu is checked, and will be forgotten after it’s unchecked.
- Changed representing of view mode in config file: instead of numeric ‘view_mode’ it is saved in portable way as string defined by widget FmStandardView.
- Changed representing of side pane mode in config file: instead of numeric ‘side_pane_mode’ it is saved now in portable way as string defined by widget FmSidePane.
- Implemented Dual Pane mode which can be toggled on anytime. If there is some tab next to current then it will be used for inactive pane, and if there is only one
tab present in the window then new tab will be created (for the same directory as current view). When tab that is shown in inactive pane is closed then Dual Pane mode
is terminated and may be toggled on again by user if needed. The Dual Pane mode can be toggled either via the main menu or by pressing a key ‘F3’.
- Added icon size manipulations (increase, decrease, normalize size) into View menu. New size will be remembered in config for the appropriate type of icons.
- Added configuration for toolbar: it can be now hidden, and elements on it (New Tab, navigations, Home) can be hidden individually as well.
- Added menu option ‘Go’->’Connect to Server…”. If selected it opens a dialog window to select type of remote folder and few parameters (host, port, path, login) for the connection. If not cancelled then selected remote folder will be opened in new tab.
- Implemented new config option ‘media_in_new_tab’, defaulted to false. If set then automounted folder will be opened in new tab instead of new window.
- Implemented new config option ‘desktop_folder_new_win’, defaulted to false. If set then folder from desktop will be opened in new window instead of new tab.
- Context menu options to open folder in new window / tab / terminal now available also for side pane items’ context menu if used with LibFM 1.2.0 or newer.
- If used with libfm 1.2.0 or newer then option ‘mingle’ will be included into default sort modes for the Desktop. This is expected by most of users – we add something to Desktop, then we see it after all already added items, not after other folders.
- Implemented handling for extra items on the desktop:
- Trash Can
- “Documents” folder
- external media
Those items have not be in the Desktop folder, they will be added to the view by desktop manager internally. Corresponding config options are ‘show_trash’, ‘show_documents’, ‘show_mounts’ – those are set in
the desktop config for each monitor. Default is true for ‘show_trash’ and false for other items. Note that all those items are not links of any kind but folders itself so weird operations with them may lead to weird results. This feature will work only if linked against libfm 1.2.0 or newer.
- Folder view modes moved to separate submenu to make View menu shorter.
- Reordered View, Bookmarks, and Go menus placement in menu bar to follow common order used by other applications and file managers.
- The menu items ‘Go’->’Applications’ and ‘Tools’->’Find Files…’ should become insensitive now if appropriate modules were not loaded.
- Added new section ‘autorun’ into config where last choices made by user for some kind of inserted media is remembered. Added a checkbutton
‘Always perform this action on this media type’ into the dialog where user selects an action so user can remember the choice and never ask again
for that kind of media. The button is not available for unknown or mixed media types. The ‘do nothing’ kind of choice is allowed to remember as well
if user selects not ask again and press the ‘Cancel’ button in the dialog. The choice ‘not ask’ is saved in config file as asterisk (*) prepended to application ID. The choice of view in the PCManFM itself is saved as pseudo-ID “pcmanfm”.
- The menu option ‘Edit’->’Delete’ is split to two: ‘Move to Trash’ and ‘Delete’ because some users with disabilities may not be able to use keybinding Shift+Del therefore should be a possibility to do exact action by mouse only.
- Added new menu option ‘File’->’Folder Properties’ which duplicates the folder context menu option for those who cannot use the context menu.
- Added new menu option ‘Edit’->’Properties’ from the selection context menu for those who cannot use the context menu.
- Added new menu option ‘Edit’->’Open’ to launch selection for those who can use neither keyboard nor selection context menu.
- Added new config option ‘show_statusbar’ with default to true which defines should status bar be shown or hidden. It’s controllable via menu ‘View’->’Show Status Bar’.
- Added new menu option ‘File’->’Create Link…’ to create link(s) on the selected file(s) into some directory.
- Implemented a runtime option to open Find Files dialog window. It will not replace any other options, i.e. if used alone and no other window nor desktop manager is active, it will open new default window.
It will not open any additional window if used when an other window or desktop manager is active though.
- When wallpaper mode is color-only, the file chooser for wallpaper image is not clickable anymore because it has no reasons to be clickable.
- Implemented the interactive search for desktop contents. It is similar to that in GtkTreeView and ExoIconView, activated by just typing or pressing Ctrl+F. This small search entry window is
opened at the top right corner of workspace. It supports the same shortcuts as those GtkTreeView – Ctrl+G for “find next” or “Shift+Ctrl+G for backward, scroll gestures also possible.
- Added new menu option ‘View’->’Filter…’ which allows to apply shell pattern to files currently shown in the view. The pattern is case insensitive.
- After creation of new tab using keyboard Ctrl+T (or main menu option) the Location Bar of new created tab will be focused to allow easy change path. Any other created new tabs will have the focus as usual.
- Added new config option ‘change_tab_on_drop’, defaulted to true to keep old behavior: when you drag file(s) on tab label then tab will be
unfolded so you can drop files into folder view. If set to false (new behavior) then the tab will be not unfolded but you can drop files directly on tab label using any wanted gestures and files will end up in the folder that tab label points to.
- Added new menu option ‘Edit’->’Copy Path(s)’ to copy text paths for the selection into clipboard.
- Added new config option ‘home_path’ (unset by default) which defines the file path or URI string to open when ‘Home Folder’ is activated in side pane, toolbar, or menu. Available only with LibFM 1.2.0 or newer.
- Added new config option ‘focus_previous’ defaulted to false (preserving old behavior) which allows select and focus the folder where we came from when we go into parent directory. It’s available only with LibFM 1.2.0 or newer.
- Added new config option ‘close_on_unmount’ defaulted to true. If set to true then tab containing a folder that is vanished (that happens if the folder either
was deleted or was renamed or was unmounted) will be closed. If set to false then such tab will go to the ‘Home Folder’ instead (with respect to ‘home_path’ config option).
- Implemented possibility to set custom folder to display on desktop. It is saved in monitor config option ‘folder’. If that config
option is unset that implies default desktop folder. If that config option is set to empty string then desktop icons support and drag&drop support will be disabled for that monitor. Otherwise mentioned path will be used to display on the desktop instead of Desktop Folder.
- Changed saving option ‘wallpaper_mode’ into desktop config, it will be saved as text instead of number to allow further improvements.
- Added new wallpaper mode ‘crop’ that will scale image proportionally to match the monitor size fut in difference to the ‘fit’ mode the scaled image will fill whole monitor area and will be cropped if it’s bigger than the monitor.
- Added new wallpaper mode ‘screen’ that will scale image to fill the entire screen size and display appropriate part on the monitor it is configured for.
This mode is useful when people have an appropriate wallpaper and want their screen composed of two monitors to show the whole image – a part on first monitor and other part on second.
- Added alternative to Location Bar – implemented FmPathBar support with switching via menu ‘View’->’Path Bar’->… radio buttons. The path bar mode is applied to windows opened after change, the same way as the side bar change is applied.
- Added optional ‘New Window’ button to the toolbar left to ‘New Tab’ one to those who don’t like tabbed view.
- The statusbar can show total size of selected files if some conditions are met. Conditions are:
- number of selected files should be less than 1000;
- selection should contain no directories.
Those limitations are due to lightweight nature of the file manager and otherwise counting will take too much resources.
- Added API to create third-party plugins that may append own text to the statusbar text for selected files. The plugins should be installed into $(libdir)/pcmanfm folder and use “#include” directive in the code.
- Added new menu option ‘Tools’->’Run a Command in Current Folder’ to run an arbitrary command line from the folder opened in current tab. This option works only with LibFM 1.2.0 or newer.
- A whole lot of bugfixes.
libfm – full git log
An unusual update. Andriy posted a note to the pcmanfm development list about the upcoming release of PCManFM and libfm components. He has been hard at work closing bugs and adding features and in hopes to release in time for the next Ubuntu freeze we’ve now entered soft string freeze. This means that no new features will be added and most strings are stable enough to be translated. In about two weeks a solid freeze happens and no strings will change (hopefully we’ve found all hard to translate cases by then). If you want to help test drive the new code (build from source: pcmanfm-1.2.0-beta1.tar.xz libfm-1.2.0-beta4.tar.xz) or add to the translation effort we do welcome that.
If nothing very evil happens a new and shiny PCManFM 1.2.0 will be out early February.
No rest in the PCManFM camp. Another update is here, not just one but several. A new PCManFM version and two bugfix releaes to libfm gives us a strange version bump for once.
pcmanfm-1.1.2.tar.gz, sha1: d6f42f0957abe25bb79b24b57bf1026eabe3d820
libfm-184.108.40.206.tar.gz, sha1: 21fc7600f6996a826106f40c4ff0c3ac5f094d47
Changelog for PCManFM
* 0a9dfa8 – [#3614867]”Daemon mode” not always works correctly.
* 3d6f154 – Add missing #include “gseal-gtk-compat.h” into src/tab-page.c
* 8eb3856 – Remove xml-purge to allow smooth cross-compilation, replace it with sed.
* 2e2d530 – Add data sources to dist tarball, the make check needs them.
Changelog for libfm
* fa819be – Release v220.127.116.11.
* 0de4df2 – Increase ABI revision to 5 before release (now ABI code is 4:5:1)
* da08c6c – [#3614500]Add weak notify on Places view to detach it from context menu.
* 74116b0 – Call GtkWidget’s handler button_release_event() before we unmount.
* 77c6a62 – Make ‘make check’ work (the docs/Makefile.am contains incorrect statement).
* 727334c – Release v18.104.22.168.
* 03f5ea8 – Fix over 8b67cc484583f2d9413ffb30e670fd7602f0a931, it was incorrect.
* d7df28a – [#3614837]Check file name before id when launch GDesktopAppInfo.
* 8b67cc4 – Fix crash with no terminal defined in config file.
* 90c5b6e – Release v1.1.2.
* 1d0055b – Increase ABI revision to 3 before release (now ABI code is 4:3:1)
* 18131ed – [#3614629]text/uri-list in DnD should be ended with \r\n not just \n
* bc51ca2 – [#3614837]Fix incorrect terminal config statement parsing.
This is a historic milestone for PCManFM and libfm. For some things you have waited years to get there, for other things it’s only been 10 months (since last release) but we can now bring you a MAJOR (really!) update. Mainly thanks to the work done by Andriy lately but ofc building on top of shoulders of giants who laid the foundation earlier. Just check the changelogs, they keep going on and on and on!
The changes ranges from minor things, nice features (multiple wall papers anyone?) to fixing memory leaks and crashes. And we can already spot the next minor feature upgrade of this bundle. Give 1.0 a good spin and report bugs in the tracker.
pcmanfm-1.0.tar.gz, sha1: 4158c7e14e61af182a6cac5dea55d528196c01fb
libfm-1.0.tar.gz, sha1: 2d6ea9b3ca7f5f85b2e4745af4c0211dabffe31d
* 9fa4936 – Release v1.0.
* 3a49089 – Replace system() with g_spawn_async_command_line() to avoid unnecessary locking of the whole UI when calling lxshortcut.
* b395942 – Changed argument of FmFolderView::sel-changed.
* e932b52 – Fix: preferences dialog makes sence only if pcmanfm is desktop manager.
* 683d56e – Fixes for Automake 1.12
* 8893ba1 – Fixes for Automake 1.12.
* fe0eecc – 1.0-rc1 renamed into 1.0rc1 to avoid possible conflicts in packages.
* 984ccbd – Renumber into 1.0-rc1.
* 1198ff7 – Fix for bugs #3289097 and #3541300: wrong file order on desktop.
* 7d78ab2 – Fix for #3411306: Open a folder on the wrong desktop
* 528c110 – Fixed missing gtk_window_group_remove_window() in src/desktop.c.
* 19f7ed2 – Added missing gtk_window_group_remove_window() call.
* 2901dcb – A little man page update.
* 9ae0166 – Fixed problem when the last item was removed from desktop.
* 2ddc388 – Fixed UNIX signal handling which was broken.
* 672fb4a – Fixed possible stack corruption.
* 0646cb4 – Some cleanup on signal handlers for desktop model.
* 18e60b0 – POT file update for lxshortcut integration quick workaround.
* 57b482c – Added a temp. workaround to integrate lxshortcut (from Lubuntu).
* 126018f – Fix from korzhpavel@sourceforge for GTK criticals on desktop destroy. See bug #3533958 in Patches tracker.
* 5650b30 – POT file update.
* 59f91e6 – Updated code formatting a little.
* addac7e – Missed UI change in previous commit.
* 9dc8e67 – Added possibility to set wallpaper on each desktop differently.
* 0b37d2a – Fixed few cleanup errors.
* 281049f – Added cleanup on history items for safety.
* 21df32a – Got rid of statics in src/single-inst.c and done little optimizations.
* b2fd837 – Fixed a memory leak in src/pcmanfm.c.
* 52f398c – Fixed few memory problems in src/main-win.c.
* b44057e – A little redesign on desktop items handling.
* 1c00133 – Fixed few memory problems. Also attempt of little optimization.
* 2aed0ce – Updated to libfm API.
* 8a4edd1 – Fixed memory leaks in src/app-config.c.
* 6faa506 – Changed ‘Name’ property in desktop entry file (closes #3535895).
* 5a89e06 – Update to new libfm API.
* 331ec21 – Updated URL to point to project page instead of dead homepage.
* 1c04b6f – Slightly change the signal handling of FmMainWin and FmTabPage to improve readability and robustness.
* 6156424 – Fixed text spelling error.
* 77cb39f – Added a man page for main executable.
* 35243f0 – Use a list to switch among tabs of preference dialog rather than use tabs. This can improve usability a little when number of notebook pages increases.
* da6870b – Fix bug #3534041 – Crash if I click up while it is still working.
* b4943ce – Removed AM_PROG_LIBTOOL macro since it isn’t required for application.
* b2ad757 – Fix #3439056 – Pcman is frozen renaming files.
* bc88a8d – Fix #3397444 – pcmanfm dont show window in daemon mode if i call ‘pcmanfm’.
* a2dc1ff – Fix #3325001 – Copying a file to the desktop is done 2 times
* b87089a – Further fix for #3531743 – pcmanfm-desktop-pref.desktop has no translations.
* 8e451f2 – Fix #3531743 – pcmanfm-desktop-pref.desktop has no translations.
* c44d6d3 – Little fixes for autogen.sh and makefiles to support automake 1.12 and fix bug #3531743 – pcmanfm-desktop-pref.desktop has no translations.
* 2f57bef – Apply patch #3533787 – pcmanfm – pango unref.
* 7c10c9a – Apply patch #3531975 – disconnect signals before unref.
* 6f0f195 – Few more compilation warnings fixed.
* 3aebc67 – Optimized casts. Eliminated all errors from compiler warnings.
* fbb7b12 – Debug build should show more warnings for developer sake.
* 02c11a1 – Apply patch #3530573 – PcManFm don’t use setting “show hidden files”.
* 84e5e0a – Apply patch #3530623 – pcman crashes on add/remove bookmarks.
* 0bf366d – Fix #3411298 – Show “Permission denied” when 34switching to super user mode.
* c71d050 – Fix #3530035 – PCManFM crashes on a rightclick. Apply #3530575 – crash with right click on empty pannel.
* 49f85b2 – Fix a trivial bug introduced by previous commit and save window position properly.
* 0b99760 – Set correct required version of libfm in configure.ac. Remove unnecessary debug messages.
* 5dee1d4 – Use new libfm APIs to handle folder browsing and desktop icons. Fix trivial bugs.
* 2105792 – Adopt new libfm APIs and avoid direct access to data members of objects.
* 653af52 – Replaced obsoleted fm_path_new() with fm_path_new_for_str().
* 0b95172 – Use new FmFileInfo APIs and avoid direct access to its data members.
* 70425dc – Apply patch #3528686 – Fix for ‘make dist’ in pcmanfm git distro..
* e2f270e – Fix #3528311 – SIGPOLL undeclared.
* 8a54720 – Fix #3403965 – unable to switch tab when NUMLOCK is enabled.
* cd9c8e4 – Apply patch #3524089 – Fix for Ukrainian translation.
* 056dd83 – Fix #3413670 – pcmanfm crashed with SIGSEGV in fm_nav_history_get_cur().
* 40a772c – Fix #3386133 – Ctr+Page up / Ctrl+Page down don’t switch tab in 0.9.8.
* dd04ea7 – Removed nl.po that was not correctly placed.
* 942fd81 – Apply patch #3438582 to fix bug #3325415 – window resize problem.
* 3bf476b – Release v1.0.
* d87c6d8 – ABI release number update on release.
* 63b5105 – Fixes in developer’s documentation.
* 87629f7 – Fixes in developer’s documentation.
* 76a304e – Fixes in developer’s documentation.
* 159ab57 – Fixes in developer’s documentation.
* 3fecc7e – Fixes in developer’s documentation.
* 1861785 – Fixes in developer’s documentation.
* 6d63ea6 – Fixes in developer’s documentation.
* 0a85560 – Fixes in developer’s documentation.
* a90dc0a – Changed argument of FmFolderView::sel-changed.
* 5f7578c – Fixes in developer’s documentation.
* c474aab – Replaced deprecated alias GdkTarget with GdkAtom.
* 02bd858 – Fixes in developer’s documentation.
* 33a0200 – sed -s -i -e ‘s/IS_FM_/FM_IS_/’ *.[ch]
* 442a316 – Fixed .gitignore
* 505ca0c – Update for .gitignore
* a3e2bb4 – Fixes in developer’s documentation.
* 1e214da – Fixes in developer’s documentation.
* 552d9d2 – Added reservation into FmConfig; 1.0 will be binary incompatibly with 1.0rc1!
* ebe5b01 – Fixes in developer’s documentation.
* 923fa0c – Fixes in developer’s documentation.
* 4f3ba60 – Fixes in developer’s documentation.
* d6fe6d9 – Fixes in developer’s documentation.
* 23b4761 – Fixes in developer’s documentation.
* 8bc9685 – Fixes in developer’s documentation.
* 6c88178 – Fixes in developer’s documentation.
* 267ff8a – Fixes in developer’s documentation.
* 107d01f – Compatibility with automake-1.11: AM_PROG_AR should be enclosed in m4_ifdef().
* 35f0fe5 – Fixes for Automake 1.12.
* 03214e3 – automake-1.10 doesn’t support AM_PROG_VALAC so requirements fixed.
* fdbd909 – Replaced use of variable job where self name was expected.
* 196d1df – Fixes in developer’s documentation.
* ce0df12 – Fixes in developer’s documentation.
* d7524de – Fixes in developer’s documentation.
* 1820ff6 – Fixes in developer’s documentation.
* f197d15 – Removed superfluous comma in configure.ac leading to ./configure errors.
* e1db7b5 – Fixes in developer’s documentation.
* 30fe5ed – Fixes in developer’s documentation.
* 2a0684f – Fixes in developer’s documentation.
* 343224e – Fixes in developer’s documentation.
* f252ac2 – Fixes in developer’s documentation.
* 2e97b2c – Fixes in developer’s documentation.
* 5933d91 – Fixes in developer’s documentation.
* 2b00e29 – Developer’s documentation updates.
* 9739809 – 1.0-rc1 renamed into 1.0rc1 to avoid possible conflicts in packages.
* 3a8134e – Renumber into 1.0-rc1.
* eaa6ca3 – Implemented making symbolic links in FmFileOpsJob and on D&D.
* 4c5ff64 – Added updating chmod dialog fields before asking for recursion.
* 58878bd – Removed suggestion for –sysconfdir=/etc since /usr/etc bug was fixed.
* 8072268 – Fixed plural forms of internationalization.
* 284ed1c – Disabled gtk warning for fm_path_list_unref(NULL).
* 4b168c3 – Added autodetection for libexif instead of being mandatory.
* 7464362 – Removed obsolete never-used commented-out code.
* 9cdd3bb – Fixed invalid windows operations in fm-progress-dlg.c so reverted 3c4c8edcefbb99acd4e22c1d75ce56830fd90937
* 3434ce1 – Fixed wrong modifiers on Drag&drop.
* 94a80e0 – Fixed user/group names in file properties dialog.
* 3c4c8ed – Fixed chmod dialog that ceased to do job.
* 808cb8d – Fixed deadlock in src/gtk/fm-thumbnail.c.
* c568d9a – Add API documentation for FmFileInfo. Add new API fm_file_info_is_native().
* 917c282 – Add proper forward declaration for struct _MenuCacheItem to fix compilation errors.
* 9ed0445 – Fixed invalid marshallers.
* 2fe5215 – Added API fm_app_command_parse() for safe % expanding.
* b9caccd – Fix for #3436283: Impossible to remove file in some cases.
* 8dc04d8 – Fix for #3436288: There is no possibility to copy/link files.
* 4bc5578 – Fixed warnings from compilation on x86_64.
* cc69265 – Removed obsolete on_exec_toggled().
* 2c99060 – POT file update.
* 636ae94 – Little corrections on labels (missed words).
* 6eb70eb – Fixed ‘read’ permissions combobox.
* 965c548 – Fix errors in file-prop.glade and change wordings a little.
* cd31b6e – Fixed default advanced_mode value.
* f4e7cd2 – Updated content of chmod dialog a bit.
* 76710cb – Fix for chmod dialog.
* 483ba8f – Fixed a little mess with delayed references.
* adea0d9 – Fixed silly copy-paste error.
* 28721c2 – Added some documentation to functions.
* 7f707ad – Added new “row-deleting” signal for FmFolderModel.
* a7ba086 – Added two simple API for FmFolderModel.
* 9c34fff – Fixed two small memory leaks in file properties dialog.
* e3bce02 – Fixed SIGSEGV in fm_folder_view_dup_selected_file*().
* 731abf1 – Added missing schedule for ‘on_idle’ handler.
* 7f6b06a – Fixed broken trash can in Places View.
* 7a92e2a – Fix over last commit.
* e796cd0 – Fixed potential memory loss in fm_file_ops_job_run_with_progress().
* bdb6248 – Fixed wrong desktop folder request in fm_places_model_init().
* 6cc52d1 – It seems fm_marshal_ENUM__POINTER_ENUM causes memory leak so changed to UINT.
* c06a084 – Fixed memory leak in src/gtk/fm-cell-renderer-pixbuf.c.
* 9fe5ae7 – Fixed memory async collision in src/base/fm-folder.c.
* 4a8a900 – Fixed memory violation in fm_folder_view_dispose().
* 82dab06 – Possibly fix for #3393447 and #3186315. Change on folder should not emit signal immediately.
* 4485e31 – Fixed memory violation in fm_dnd_dest_set_widget().
* f2f751a – Fixed another memory violation in fm_side_pane_dispose().
* 53a6a5f – Fixed memory violation in fm_side_pane_dispose().
* 7e3a9c9 – Changed fm_folder_view_get_selected_file* to return referenced value.
* 7e902eb – Fixed memory leak in on_dirlist_job_finished().
* 10d6f05 – Fixed memory leak in fm_list_unref().
* 8005eeb – Fixed two bugs in reworked fm-dir-tree-*.
* 469f37e – Fixed possible memory problems in src/job/*
* 8951e3c – Fixed memory problems in src/gtk/fm-thumbnail.c.
* ded0ef0 – Removed void _finalize() for little speed-up.
* 4b52f49 – Moved unreferencings from _finalize() into _dispose() in src/gtk/
* 6168ade – Moved unreferencings from _finalize() into _dispose() in src/job/
* cb51306 – Fixed memory problems in src/gtk/fm-progress-dlg.c.
* db71b4e – FmPlacesView don’t require dispose method, all cleanup go to finalize.
* a0b2f20 – Fixed incorrect FmPlacesView member disposal.
* 3705f45 – Fixed possible memory problems in src/gtk/fm-places-view.c.
* 57905b8 – Added 2 TODOs for 1.1+
* 320083c – Fixed possible problems in src/gtk/fm-places-model.c.
* ca59a58 – Fixed possible memory problems in src/gtk/fm-path-entry.c.
* 38d57d4 – Fixed error in src/gtk/fm-folder-view.c; updated return of fm_path_bar_new.
* 0a32f01 – Fixed possible problems in src/gtk/fm-gtk-utils.c.
* 85322e1 – Removed duplicate check for shell-bang from launcher.
* cba3170 – Fixed memory problems in src/gtk/fm-folder-view.c.
* 2aa1702 – Fixed possible problems in src/gtk/fm-folder-model.c.
* dda439e – Fixed one FIXME, it might cause problems.
* 89f82a4 – Previous commit was incorrect, fixed now.
* ab7ad3c – Fixed case when fm_dir_tree_view_chdir() includes already expanded path.
* bb13679 – Added missing call for fm_dir_tree_model_load_row.
* d366a36 – Removed unneeded temporary variable.
* dca5085 – Simplified FmDirTreeView some more.
* a7d8143 – Added commented out code for standard Shift-Click behavior on ‘Del’ item.
* 3617840 – Expand mark in FmDirTreeItem better to be bool than int.
* cc390aa – Fixed a memory leak in src/gtk/fm-file-menu.c.
* 717c395 – Added commented out code for standard DnD modifiers, need to test later.
* 16367da – Fixed a memory problem in src/gtk/fm-dnd-src.c.
* 5755d50 – Fixed invalid unref in src/gtk/fm-dnd-dest.c.
* 455d3a5 – Some cleanup on src/gtk/fm-dir-tree-view.c.
* 87de9d3 – Fixed potential problems in src/gtk/fm-dir-tree-model.c.
* 8773fcb – Update of arg type for FmFolder::error (new Glib has G_TYPE_ERROR)
* 9d7b808 – Fixed warnings after merges.
* 944b981 – Added fix for invalid sysconfdir /usr/etc.
* 9ff388e – A little fix for man page.
* 8598029 – Fix the thumbnail loader to load jpeg files correctly when they contain no exif thumbnails.
* b2d1ee7 – Added a man page for libfm-pref-apps application.
* 14218ce – Make fm_folder_view_get_selected_file_paths() and fm_folder_view_get_selected_files() return unreferenced FmList objects and add clear doc for them.
* 991e9c7 – API renaming, replacing _get_ with _dup_ when the function returning referenced objects.
* 5f0a40c – A little bulletproofing for src/gtk/fm-dir-tree-model.c.
* 0ebbf67 – A little cleanup in src/base/fm-list.c.
* fdd79df – Replaced bunch of #define’s with inlines for more strict compilation check.
* 9828336 – Little more on FmFileInfoList and FmPathList.
* 3db60cf – Made FmFileInfoList and FmPathList opaque.
* 60a2be7 – Renamed fm_icon_get_pixbuf into fm_pixbuf_from_icon.
* a525e24 – I was wrong on commit, fixing it.
* 748c955 – Fixed memory problems in src/gtk/fm-app-chooser-dlg.c
* 0f95bbe – Memory fixes on src/gtk/fm-app-chooser-combo-box.c
* a603501 – Fixed compilation warnings.
* 465a8c1 – Fixed a little memory leak.
* 5752105 – Handle descriptions of mime-types in a more elegant way. API renaming: fm_mime_type_from_type() => fm_mime_type_from_name(). Correct orders of finalizer functions of all modules in fm.c.
* dc5de69 – Little fix.
* 6808da2 – added modifier const to return value of few functions.
* fec54a5 – Fixed possible memory problems in src/base/fm-utils.c
* 910ba93 – fixed memory leak in fm-thumbnailer.c
* f93038f – Renamed fm_folder_from_fm_path into fm_folder_from_path.
* 595bd14 – Sanity of names fm_nav_history_get_can_*
* 2ce4429 – Removed deprecated fm_folder_get definition.
* 541a53e – Renamed few _get_for_ with _from_ for consistency.
* fe4571f – Fixed illegal direct access to FmMimeType object.
* ae31163 – Missed one change in last commit.
* c1f5af9 – Fixed possible memory leak in src/base/fm-mime-type.c and updated thumbnailers.
* 18f95a4 – More memory leak fixes for src/base/fm-folder.c
* 80c80ac – Explicitly named members of FmListFuncs struct.
* 66148b6 – Fixed memory leaks on cancelling job from fm_job_run_async().
* b65435f – Rename fm_file_info_copy into fm_file_info_update; fixed memory leaks in src/base/fm-file-launcher.c
* a3d6115 – Fixes on memory allocations in src/base.
* e3d8f5d – Possibly fix for #3435863 – don’t think text files are executables so easily.
* 97df3cb – Fix #3509545 – Drag To Desktop Issue.
* 9fe672c – Little fix for FmDeepCountJob to correctly get allocated file sizes with gio.
* 1d2a263 – Fix incorrect API behavior of fm_folder_get_for_gfile(). Fix a potential crash in fm-progress-dlg.c.
* 204692a – Little fix for autoge.sh to support automake 1.12.
* f30b75e – I was wrong with last commit, fixing it.
* e6ff1c5 – Fix a bug related to #3300481 – Strange GUI behaviour when ejecting a media.
* d76e3a9 – Show mounted remote filesystems in side pane as what nautilus does.
* 5f595cf – Fixed compilation warnings from last thumbnail changes.
* b7a7b01 – Apply patch #3530922 – crashes on add/remove bookmarks (again).
* 4948871 – * Support external thumbnailers (Gnome 3 formats). * Make thumbnail_max config value limit built-in GdkPixbuf-based thumbnailer only.
* 033eaa4 – Reverted referencing in fm_file_info_get_icon and fm_file_info_get_mime_type.
* c43273f – Few fixes on objects references.
* 84489a6 – Eliminated compilation warnings in src/udisks/
* 32379bc – Fixed return value of fm_path_entry_new().
* 6f2f91f – Fixed few more places with compiler warnings.
* 408c9c2 – Fixed uninitialized variables in src/gtk/fm-dir-tree-model.c
* 8025fd8 – Fixed compilation errors in src/gtk/exo/exo-icon-view.c
* b7e6641 – Eliminated few casts, compiler warnings, fixed found errors in src/job/*.
* 49f42ad – Moved details of FmSimpleJob class out of header file.
* 072a747 – Eliminated few casts and compiler warnings.
* a20417b – Eliminated few casts and compiler warnings.
* eb2835b – Eliminated few compiler warnings.
* 3952938 – Fixed errors found by compiler.
* 13223ae – Fixed few errors found by compiler.
* d473178 – Debug build should show more warnings for developer sake.
* c96b04a – Eliminated few compiler warnings.
* 4684a81 – Fixed errors in fm-gtk-file-launcher.c.
* e94b755 – Optimized casts; fixed few compiler warnings.
* 0efa8da – Use new API and avoid direct access to data members.
* 40af362 – Load thumbnails embbed in jpeg files with libexif (optional).
* a28ecc9 – Apply patch #3530623 – pcman crashes on add/remove bookmarks.
* 66a3fce – Casts optimization; fixed few compiler warnings.
* d84f3fd – Fixed few cast errors.
* 8226a35 – Updated casts in src/gtk/fm-dir-tree-model.c.
* 8c9d603 – Corrected arg type of fm_path_list_new_from_uris().
* a7f2a98 – Cleanup on casts.
* 6d1e2b3 – Fix a stupid memory access error in fm_file_info_get_collate_key().
* 2415b8d – Hidden implementation details of FmFileMenu from global scope. Fixed some problems found from compiler warnings.
* 8e0de21 – Eliminated few compiler warnings.
* c4461b6 – Eliminated few compiler warnings.
* 020e009 – Eliminated few problems based on compiler warnings.
* c8f5d72 – Bump ABI version number since some APIs are changed. Remove unnecessary debug messages.
* 60819e4 – API cleanup: remove fm_folder_view_chdir(), fm_folder_view_chdir_by_name(). Remove ‘chdir’, ‘loaded’, and ‘error’ signals from FmFolderView. Hide implementation detial of FmFolderModel. Little fixes for better reload handling of FmDirTreeModel.
* e757f9d – Make FmPathEntry tolerant to NULL FmPath.
* a3f3da0 – Eliminated few problems based on compiler warnings.
* 38fd7e8 – Eliminated few problems based on compiler warnings.
* 315f7f0 – Eliminated few problems based on compiler warnings.
* d208ef7 – Little fixes for make distdir and debian build.
* 40ea8c8 – Trivial fixes.
* 9a0af82 – Try to fix #3231892, #3393477, #3450685, and some other cryptic crashes. Move destruction of some objects to dispose handler to avoid cyclic reference. Fix a bug in FmFolder caused by incorrect g_signal_handlers_diconnect() calls for FmFileInfoJob objects. Some API changes.
* be8bd13 – Hide implementation details of FmFolderView and add some new APIs.
* 4b4f052 – Update content of folders when they’re overwritten by mounted filesystems. Hide implementation details of FmFolder and add proper APIs for accessing data members.
* 8ab4d5b – Fixed improper arguments of strftime().
* a9f1c81 – Change returned value of fm_file_info_get_mtime() and _get_atime() from time_t* to time_t. Avoid unnecessary fm_path_ref() in FmPlacesModel.
* 897932a – Change API behavior of fm_file_info_get_mime_type(). Now the returned FmMimeType object does not own a reference.
* b420ef5 – Apply patch #3529095 – Deny public access to struct FmFileInfo. by Lonely Stranger .
* d33a77a – Additional fixes for bug #3462452.
* 00d6702 – Fix #3411312 – Custom action doesn’t work.
* 3e40566 – New APIs: fm_add_image_preview_to_file_chooser() and fm_select_file().
* fa9f5ac – Fix memory management errors related to bug #3462452 and patch #3528712. Prevent direct access of FmFileInfo::disp_name, and use its accessor function instead. Fix some code indentation problems.
* b0dfe2d – Possible fix for #3462452 – Pcmanfm crash using a wrong bookmark. Partially integrated patch #3528712.
* ffad43f – Add some notes for runtime environment. Close bug #3527773.
* 4c88e04 – Fix #3428067 – Properties attribute “size on disk” is incorrect.
* 6721d0b – Remove unused code used for overriding gnome-terminal, which was deprecated.
* 85287a4 – Add some comments about extable files in fm-file-launcher.c.
* ef4f3e7 – Fix incorrect icon update during theme change.
* ad0067b – Little fix for libfm-demo program.
* f528d4a – Queue an icon view resize if the requesitions don’t match.
* 0054afd – Fix #3473087 – Crash when double-clicking on a folder if the mouse moves.
* 5e82d59 – Fix #3466416 – Segfault when installing programs (icon them change).
* c7f18cc – Fix #3475434 – F5 refresh multiplies files.
* 8972eaa – Fix #3512666 – fm-archiver.c: Stack buffer overflow.
* 30747c1 – Fix #3457335 – Crash on application start with Terminal=true.
* 01dde78 – Fix a potential bug causing access violation.
* ca5ced2 – A possible temporary fix for #3497049 – PCManFM crashed with SIGSEV in update_icons().
* 7b5e7f0 – Show Paste only for folders. Show Rename only for single files.
* d975c3c – Implement Paste action in file-menu
* 19f2ded – Add fm_tab_label_set_tooltip_text()
* 689d0fc – Open directories with external application when FmLaunchFolderFunc func is NULL.
* 419a3c6 – Fix possible crash in fm-file-launcher.c
* 002ce85 – Fix hangup in file properties dialog
* 7acc7a1 – Fix infinite scrolling in places-view
* 09558ae – Do not show context menu entries for nonexistent executables
* 001a1dd – Fix crash when path points to a file, not a directory. (#3401988)
* 4c67a73 – Fix ‘Copy -> paste -> rename -> replace -> CRASH’ (#3457410)
* 228b8f6 – Do not show an error message when we drag and drop a file into it’s own directory. (#3494762)
* ea53fc2 – Free file stream after loading thumbnails and fix memory leaks.
* df46e3b – Bump version to 0.1.99, set ABI version to 2:0:0, and requires gio >= 2.26.
* 344aa2a – Correctly handle plural form commands and SEPARATOR items for DES-EMA support. Fix MimeTypes, Folders, and Schemes matching rules.
* 9bd3755 – Correctly implement ShowIfTrue, ShowIfRunning, and ShowIfRegistered defined by DES-EMA spec.
* cdddc93 – Add Vala support and initial implementation of DES-EMA spec for custom actions.
To get PCManFM 1.0 in the best shape possible we just put a release candidate on the sourceforge file archive. Notable changes include external thumbnailer support, new file attribute dialog, support for modifier keys on drag and drop, symbolic link creation, individual wallpapers per desktop and documentation.
You will need libfm 1.0 to use pcmanfm 1.0 so they are released as a pair as usual.
Bug reports and patches should be submitted to the trackers at sourceforge. For bug reports be as specific as you can and try to cooperate with the developers if they ask for further testing. Hanging around the IRC channel #lxde at irc.oftc.net and reading the PCManFM project mailinglist are other good ways to interact with the project.
Get libfm and pcmanfm from the sourceforge file archive:
libfm-1.0rc1.tar.gz, sha1sum: 37528cde92dcbb1663c6c9d3eaf7fee51aacda8e
pcmanfm-1.0rc1.tar.gz, sha1sum: 4f28151b07934ffc99a6f3b697916055e45d2485
libfm, the backend of the LXDE default file manager PCManFM, just got a new release to fix some outstanding bugs.
Along with the libfm release a new PCManFM release is available, this update adds some improvements to translations.
pcmanfm-0.9.10.tar.gz, sha1: 63fa355607ba5603d4e07dffc275a780afe9e27b
libfm-0.1.17.tar.gz, sha1: 06767191b0c8fbcc12b0ad0a61cf3774f4448c86
Changelog for PCManFM
Changelog for libfm
d9a0701 Returns TRUE if the version of the GTK+ header files is the same as or newer than the passed-in version, so to match <= 2.20.x, we have to match >= 2.21
355d021 it has to be true for gtk <= 2.20.1
a075bcf Add missing files for building API doc with gtk-doc.
69a5671 Fix incorrect header guards.
79285e8 Add some compatibility headers and files used with min-lib-ver.py for future gtk3 migration.
5941231 Add warning message for gtk-doc in autogen.sh and add configuration summary in configure.ac.
e55e69e * Remove generated files from version control. and Fix wrong project URL in configure.ac.
77095f2 fixed a DSO issue
18cef6b re-added docs
and some translation updates.