As usual, two core parts of LXDE are released together, with the same version, just because those are very close one to another, of course. In hope there will be a lot of features implemented the release was delayed for so long time but… life isn’t so simple, so not much of features added but anyway there is a reason to increase second number of the version yet, so it is 1.3 now.
New release tarballs download links:
libfm-1.3.0.tar.xz – SHA1: 6da370336a0b84d406919cd5a09d5f2c3299a2e9
pcmanfm-1.3.0.tar.xz – SHA1: 690fb28c0957ad56e28d1b8f5384e63462c118b2
Changes since previous LibFM release 1.2.5 (see git log for details):
- Added emblem support by reading the “metadata::emblems” attribute provided by GFileInfo. The metadata is provided by gio/gvfs and are currently stored in $XDG_DATA_HOME/gvfs-metadata.
- Fixed typo: occured -> occurred.
- Made desktop entries treaten as executables. Now clicking on a native desktop file opens a confirmation dialog instead of executing it. Trashed desktop files are only opened as text files and desktop files under system menu (i.e. menu://applications/) are executed without prompt as before.
- Fixed build error with vala 0.36.1.
- Fixed crash on launching nonexistent link targets.
- Added tooltips for attributes of copying files.
- Fixed thumbnails generation for files in the thumbnails cache directory which actually should never be done.
- Fixed crash on pasting large string when completion matches.
- Prevented creation corrupted image thumbnails with gdk-pixbuf2 >= 2.36.1.
- Fixed crash in fm_config_load_from_file().
- Dropped displaying “extension” for a directory.
- Fixed crash on pasting a file into the search folder, show an error message when the copy destination doesn’t exist instead.
- Added new API for FmAction new object type, to replace old VALA-generated code. New API is more convenient, C instead of VALA, and should support all DES-API specification features, not just limited set.
- Migrated module ‘gtk-menu-actions’ to new DES-EMA actions API.
- Added display of data transferred to progress dialog.
- Fixed wrong names for files, copied from Google Drive and similar places.
Changes since previous PCManFM release 1.2.5 (see git log for details):
- Fixed potential access violation, use runtime user dir instead of tmp dir
for single instance socket.
- Fixed an issue with losing icons on desktop, when file name has a ‘[‘ char.
- Added a missing tooltip for ‘New Window’ toolbar button.
- Fixed an issue when single instance socket directory did not exist (see https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=874753).
3 responses to “LibFM + PCManFM 1.3.0 released!”
I am sad, now my Desktop Icons pop up a dialog every time i click it..
is there anyway to make it work like before ??
Oh, I see, that was unfortunate change. Didn’t expected that to happen when accepted that into sources an year ago. Will work on a hotfix solution, links to menu items should be allowed to be executed directly. Thank you very much for noticing it this soon, so not much users might become affected before hotfix released.
Yay Hotfix incoming,