As usual, two core parts of LXDE are released together, with the same version, just because those are very close one to another, of course. In hope there will be a lot of features implemented the release was delayed for so long time but… life isn’t so simple, so not much of features added but anyway there is a reason to increase second number of the version yet, so it is 1.3 now.
New release tarballs download links:
libfm-1.3.0.tar.xz – SHA1: 6da370336a0b84d406919cd5a09d5f2c3299a2e9
pcmanfm-1.3.0.tar.xz – SHA1: 690fb28c0957ad56e28d1b8f5384e63462c118b2
Changes since previous LibFM release 1.2.5 (see git log for details):
- Added emblem support by reading the “metadata::emblems” attribute provided by GFileInfo. The metadata is provided by gio/gvfs and are currently stored in $XDG_DATA_HOME/gvfs-metadata.
- Fixed typo: occured -> occurred.
- Made desktop entries treaten as executables. Now clicking on a native desktop file opens a confirmation dialog instead of executing it. Trashed desktop files are only opened as text files and desktop files under system menu (i.e. menu://applications/) are executed without prompt as before.
- Fixed build error with vala 0.36.1.
- Fixed crash on launching nonexistent link targets.
- Added tooltips for attributes of copying files.
- Fixed thumbnails generation for files in the thumbnails cache directory which actually should never be done.
- Fixed crash on pasting large string when completion matches.
- Prevented creation corrupted image thumbnails with gdk-pixbuf2 >= 2.36.1.
- Fixed crash in fm_config_load_from_file().
- Dropped displaying “extension” for a directory.
- Fixed crash on pasting a file into the search folder, show an error message when the copy destination doesn’t exist instead.
- Added new API for FmAction new object type, to replace old VALA-generated code. New API is more convenient, C instead of VALA, and should support all DES-API specification features, not just limited set.
- Migrated module ‘gtk-menu-actions’ to new DES-EMA actions API.
- Added display of data transferred to progress dialog.
- Fixed wrong names for files, copied from Google Drive and similar places.
Changes since previous PCManFM release 1.2.5 (see git log for details):
- Fixed potential access violation, use runtime user dir instead of tmp dir
for single instance socket.
- Fixed an issue with losing icons on desktop, when file name has a ‘[‘ char.
- Added a missing tooltip for ‘New Window’ toolbar button.
- Fixed an issue when single instance socket directory did not exist (see https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=874753).