As usual, two core parts of LXDE are released together, with the same version. Those are very close one to another, you know – LibFM is a core, and PCManFM is a frontend and desktop manager. And since bugs can be found in every piece of software (well, Murphy’s laws say so), releasing LibFM and PCManFM in one event is a sensible move. So, as it’s said, bugs found, killed, and we can present you version 1.2.5 now.
New release tarballs download links:
libfm-1.2.5.tar.xz – SHA1: 5887aa4e85ee0964e7da67368136849957afd5d6
pcmanfm-1.2.5.tar.xz – SHA1: 9a8a2b4abebdf859e5ba2486eff84d505ad17b89
Changes since previous LibFM release 1.2.4 (see git log for details):
- Fixed ‘Launch in Terminal’ issue when custom args were ignored.
- Fixed crash with non-UTF regex search pattern.
- Added ‘termite’ into the terminals database.
- Fixed possible crash on FmPlacesView.
- Fixed crash on non-existent directory listing job.
- Added conversion of all URIs schemes to file:/// by mapping them to FUSE-mounted local paths if that is possible. This is required for non-gio applications to open files mounted by gvfs.
- Added new MIME type for rar files to the archivers.list file.
- Fixed crash in _fm_template_update().
- Fixed incorrect initialization of FmPlacesViewClass, it should not call fm_get_home_dir() but initialized with NULL, that will do the same at runtime.
- Fixed FTBFS when libmenu-cache was installed to non-standard location.
- Added check for edit name “/” for remote root directory so display name should be used in such cases as more sensible one.
- Fixed wrong width requested by FmCellRendererText (1.2.4 regression).
- Updated list of MIME types handled by xarchiver.
- Don’t show error message when attempting to rename file into the same.
- Fixed crash after file info job finished on a folder that already left.
- Changed limitations on libfm-pref-apps.desktop to show only in LXDE.
- Fixed incomplete file copy job pausing in some cases.
- Fixed missing ‘Empty Trash Can’ option in desktop’s trash context menu.
Changes since previous PCManFM release 1.2.4 (see git log for details):
- Removed options to Cut, Remove and Rename from context menu on mounted drive on the desktop, user might accidentally recursively remove its
- Removed ‘Open in terminal’ from context menu on folder on the desktop that cannot be opened in terminal.
- Fixed invalid unref on CSS provider (GTK+ 3.0).
- Fixed unwanted unselection of items when right-clicked the desktop.
- Fixed endless loop in desktop items placement in some corner cases.
- Fixed spelling error in the manual page.
The backend library to read freedesktop.org application menu files has been released updating important aspects.
- The libmenu-cache is made thread-safe. Thread-unsafe APIs are marked as deprecated now and should be never used in any multithreaded application.
- Added creation of HTML developers documentation. It is triggered by configure script option –enable-gtk-doc.
- The libmenu-cache is made more responsible by moving some time-critical operations into thread. Also it preloads saved cache file if it exists so it is available near instantly after menu_cache_lookup(). Caller still will get updates by adding notifier to the cache.
- Added automatic shutdown of menu-cached server after some inactivity timeout (i.e. all clients were unregistered).
- Fixed few memory problems (referencing errors and memory leaks).
- Fix for bug #3501347: use g_get_tmp_dir() instead of hardcoded “/tmp”.
- The libmenu-cache ABI bumped to 2.
menu-cache-0.4.0.tar.gz, sha1sum: f853d195cde1209873cc1f11bc401cce2cbef2f6
UPDATE: The release tar file is missing a file! Do not use it, grab 0.4.1 instead (or rather use the git repository).
df0e231 – Update for NEWS file.
bf741d1 – ABI bump 1 -> 2.
89aa5d8 – Source documentation: enums for MenuCacheItem.
2823f05 – [#3501347]g_get_tmp_dir() should be used instead of hardcoded “/tmp”.
35c4abe – Fix: memory leak in menu_cache_unref().
8b046bf – New thread-safe API menu_cache_dir_list_children().
3899a74 – Always do cache reload in default main loop.
9e5f0e1 – Fix: –enable-debug doesn’t affect libmenu-cache compilation.
9ccbff2 – Don’t recreate cache if nobody listen for reloads.
d134e6c – Fix on server starter in libmenu-cache: it may get ENOENT.
a7002ac – Fix on test for separator in cache file parser.
d3089bd – Fix for compilation with DISABLE_DAEMONIZE.
fab90d5 – Corrections on GIOChannel handling.
e528621 – Test g_source_is_destroyed() in timeout handler is very welcomed.
c423cfe – Cosmetic changes (indentation, source text formatting).
b9c2816 – Changed cache referencing completely.
8edebe4 – Use GCancellable in connection process too.
a630e77 – Addicg GMutex to avoid parallel connect from different threads.
44ed600 – Use GCancellable on cache file read operations.
b03ac65 – Load cached file first if available.
2dd8924 – Loading cache better be started in thread.
b839830 – Avoid launch of duplicate menu-cached in case of errors.
08a0127 – A little optimization on casts MENU_CACHE_DIR(dir) in _dup_ APIs.
b3f7561 – Change for lock since parent member of MenuCacheItem isn’t protected by reference.
fa16c31 – Change for lock since items in hash aren’t protected by reference.
6192475 – Fixes for all compilation warnings.
d60060e – Fix for memory leak on cache loading error.
f647b41 – Adding documentation in sources for gtk-doc processing.
380c917 – Adding missed ‘static’ keyword for few definitions.
063a9d9 – Add gtk-doc documentation handling into source tree.
02901b0 – reload_notify should be called always on idle to be thread-safe.
2bbec57 – Notifier should use not gpointer but some specific data.
0fd928d – Added three thread-safe API replacements for thread-unsafe APIs.
908a1ee – Added a common lock for thread safety.
0adf7a8 – Eliminated all compiler warnings in libmenu-cache.
9ac8975 – Removed redundant parameters from ADDITIONAL_FLAGS.
fbead80 – Non void function should return something
It is over two years ago since we released the last version of LXRandR, this version is merely a translation update but still brings some changes into the application that might be worth pointing out.
Get the file at sourceforge.net: lxrandr-0.1.2.tar.gz sha1: 5e2642c2e1f4c001ca27a8634ff621fd2fd7892a
d9f8449 replace symlink with real file
aed7ce0 debian: Add build-depends on xsltproc
c98f339 debian: Add docbook-xml build-depends on group needed build-depends for autogen.sh
b9cd35d debian: Add libtool and intltool to build-depends
2739ec8 debian: Add automake to build- depends
07b1f50 debian: convert to tiny debian/rules
b6ba51e Replace GTK_DIALOG_NO_SEPARATOR by GTK_DIALOG_MODAL to compile it with gtk3 (7 weeks ago)
3ab3230 Add an option to compile with gtk3
c0622ec Add an option to enable more warnings instead of maintainer mode
befa3a2 Add new items to .gitignore
1b2a535 Fix another == in if statement
3cef63e Fix again a while boucle “fix”
eb7dfd9 Fix compiler warning
7058962 Migrate to GtkComboBoxText
9aa07e8 Use display icon, like in desktop file.
4a7276d Add new item to .gitignore
41906c9 Remove new compiler warnings
ddb761c Add more compiler warnings when using maintainer mode.
a2938fd Fix compiler warnings
7e9ab79 Apply patch to save configuration (ID: 3107353)
5de5e73 Improve configure.in (slient rules, correct INIT)
e8e4df3 Add another item to .gitignore
4992cb7 Improve src/Makefile.am
4e8e2a5 Update po/LINGUAS<
b818486 Apply patch for GTK3 migration (ID: 3107356)
5e10bc8 Add .gitignore
284df0a Generated supported languages.
aeb4539 Add an icon to the window (patch by Jonathan Marsden)
0ec1b71 fixed wrong ‘\n’
3a6045a use intltool to generate desktop file
2835b9e make desktop file follow freedesktop specs and add German translations
8e91e3d Hopefully this can solve the problem on runs configure in infinite loop.
123fbaa remove distribution of mkinstalldirs
LXDM 0.4.0 was just released. Get the file at sourceforge.
But that is not the only thing happening in LXDE land. Next week we will do at least three releases if nothing special happens. PCManFM, libfm and LXDM.
PCManFM and libfm has been in development with no updates since last October and the much sought after feature of a directory tree has returned.
LXDM will “just” be a service release to get more translations into shape; Esperanto makes its first appearance in an LXDE component by this. Happy times. All three components are scheduled for release at the 27th of July.
The best guess by now is that more components will get releases in the coming weeks, some of them has seen no releases for years but has seem interesting features hidden in the git HEAD.
LXDM 0.4.0 had an error in the release, there has been a new release dubbed LXDM 0.4.1 to fix this issue and include the l10n updates as mentioned above.