Two core parts of LXDE most of the time are releasing together, and that happened again. Not new major changes, just few more bugfixes. I would like to say something about translation updates but… unfortunately our Pootle server is still down and no other solution was introduced yet, so just few minor updates via Git. Fortunately, it is already in good shape so nothing too bad happened yet.
New release tarballs download links:
libfm-1.3.2.tar.xz – SHA1: 7c5c14dd0615b457687966ce4e55c2d054bf93e1
pcmanfm-1.3.2.tar.xz – SHA1: bc4e468b0ec3089aaf817eafed43ae06350961ee
Changes since previous LibFM release 1.3.1 (see git log for details):
- Fixed all/allfiles parse conditions in FmAction, it was inverted.
- Fixed ‘SelectionCount’ condition parsing in FmAction if ‘=’ was used.
- Fix memory access error if home path == desktop path.
- Added treating /usr/local/share/ as trusted for *.desktop files.
- Fixed value for amount of data transferred in progress dialog.
- Fixed preferred height in fm-cell-renderer-text.
- Fixed search_window immediately disappearing on Wayland.
- Changed thumbnails placement according to the XDG Base Directory Specification.
- Changed xarchiver command invocation to create archive. It was incompatibly changed by the author in 2017.
- Don’t set $DISPLAY for spawned process, let it be inherited from parent.
- Fixed memory leak on sn_id in fm-action.c.
Changes since previous PCManFM release 1.3.1 (see git log for details):
- Fixed case when some keyboard shortcuts stopped working: Alt+Home, Alt+Up.
- Fixed sytem reboot delayed for 90 seconds in some cases.
Two core parts of LXDE most of the time are releasing together, and this time it is not an exclude of that convenient habit. Not much changes since last release, as developers had too busy time and fortunately no crazy bugs were found. That said, some crash was fixed and, of course, translations updates, now this application combo is fully translated to Catalan, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Galician, Kazakh, Lithuanian, Polish, Russian, Turkish and Ukrainian languages.
New release tarballs download links:
libfm-1.3.1.tar.xz – SHA1: 29539f50acd5c00a00362adffd532053b0688e66
pcmanfm-1.3.1.tar.xz – SHA1: 4de1e5cb00fbf837c137f205e7e2327e3b49cb90
Changes since previous LibFM release 188.8.131.52 (see git log for details):
- Fixed crash on reload while directory changes (folder might be not ready yet).
- Changed size of large thumbnails to 512 since 256*256 appears to be small on hi-res displays.
- Added application/gzip to archivers.list file next to application/x-gzip.
- Added image/x-compressed-xcf to archivers.list file for xarchiver.
Changes since previous PCManFM release 1.3.0 (see git log for details):
- Allowed bigger sizes of icons and thumbnails as 256*256 appears to be small on hi-res displays.
Since release of 1.3.0 only a week has been passed but two inconvenient issues were found and fixed, therefore it was decided to release a hotfix version, 184.108.40.206.
New release tarballs download links:
libfm-220.127.116.11.tar.xz – SHA1: aa7f73987866e557b74b8a28d0fea339d53899b6
Changes since previous LibFM release 1.3.0 (see git log for details):
- Fixed launching menu entries shortcuts on desktop which was broken by making them all executable in 1.3.0 – those should be launchable still.
- Fixed installing modules into non-standard path: libtool couldn’t relink them properly.
As usual, two core parts of LXDE are released together, with the same version, just because those are very close one to another, of course. In hope there will be a lot of features implemented the release was delayed for so long time but… life isn’t so simple, so not much of features added but anyway there is a reason to increase second number of the version yet, so it is 1.3 now.
New release tarballs download links:
libfm-1.3.0.tar.xz – SHA1: 6da370336a0b84d406919cd5a09d5f2c3299a2e9
pcmanfm-1.3.0.tar.xz – SHA1: 690fb28c0957ad56e28d1b8f5384e63462c118b2
Changes since previous LibFM release 1.2.5 (see git log for details):
- Added emblem support by reading the “metadata::emblems” attribute provided by GFileInfo. The metadata is provided by gio/gvfs and are currently stored in $XDG_DATA_HOME/gvfs-metadata.
- Fixed typo: occured -> occurred.
- Made desktop entries treaten as executables. Now clicking on a native desktop file opens a confirmation dialog instead of executing it. Trashed desktop files are only opened as text files and desktop files under system menu (i.e. menu://applications/) are executed without prompt as before.
- Fixed build error with vala 0.36.1.
- Fixed crash on launching nonexistent link targets.
- Added tooltips for attributes of copying files.
- Fixed thumbnails generation for files in the thumbnails cache directory which actually should never be done.
- Fixed crash on pasting large string when completion matches.
- Prevented creation corrupted image thumbnails with gdk-pixbuf2 >= 2.36.1.
- Fixed crash in fm_config_load_from_file().
- Dropped displaying “extension” for a directory.
- Fixed crash on pasting a file into the search folder, show an error message when the copy destination doesn’t exist instead.
- Added new API for FmAction new object type, to replace old VALA-generated code. New API is more convenient, C instead of VALA, and should support all DES-API specification features, not just limited set.
- Migrated module ‘gtk-menu-actions’ to new DES-EMA actions API.
- Added display of data transferred to progress dialog.
- Fixed wrong names for files, copied from Google Drive and similar places.
Changes since previous PCManFM release 1.2.5 (see git log for details):
- Fixed potential access violation, use runtime user dir instead of tmp dir
for single instance socket.
- Fixed an issue with losing icons on desktop, when file name has a ‘[‘ char.
- Added a missing tooltip for ‘New Window’ toolbar button.
- Fixed an issue when single instance socket directory did not exist (see https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=874753).
As usual, two core parts of LXDE are released together, with the same version. Those are very close one to another, you know – LibFM is a core, and PCManFM is a frontend and desktop manager. And since bugs can be found in every piece of software (well, Murphy’s laws say so), releasing LibFM and PCManFM in one event is a sensible move. So, as it’s said, bugs found, killed, and we can present you version 1.2.5 now.
New release tarballs download links:
libfm-1.2.5.tar.xz – SHA1: 5887aa4e85ee0964e7da67368136849957afd5d6
pcmanfm-1.2.5.tar.xz – SHA1: 9a8a2b4abebdf859e5ba2486eff84d505ad17b89
Changes since previous LibFM release 1.2.4 (see git log for details):
- Fixed ‘Launch in Terminal’ issue when custom args were ignored.
- Fixed crash with non-UTF regex search pattern.
- Added ‘termite’ into the terminals database.
- Fixed possible crash on FmPlacesView.
- Fixed crash on non-existent directory listing job.
- Added conversion of all URIs schemes to file:/// by mapping them to FUSE-mounted local paths if that is possible. This is required for non-gio applications to open files mounted by gvfs.
- Added new MIME type for rar files to the archivers.list file.
- Fixed crash in _fm_template_update().
- Fixed incorrect initialization of FmPlacesViewClass, it should not call fm_get_home_dir() but initialized with NULL, that will do the same at runtime.
- Fixed FTBFS when libmenu-cache was installed to non-standard location.
- Added check for edit name “/” for remote root directory so display name should be used in such cases as more sensible one.
- Fixed wrong width requested by FmCellRendererText (1.2.4 regression).
- Updated list of MIME types handled by xarchiver.
- Don’t show error message when attempting to rename file into the same.
- Fixed crash after file info job finished on a folder that already left.
- Changed limitations on libfm-pref-apps.desktop to show only in LXDE.
- Fixed incomplete file copy job pausing in some cases.
- Fixed missing ‘Empty Trash Can’ option in desktop’s trash context menu.
Changes since previous PCManFM release 1.2.4 (see git log for details):
- Removed options to Cut, Remove and Rename from context menu on mounted drive on the desktop, user might accidentally recursively remove its
- Removed ‘Open in terminal’ from context menu on folder on the desktop that cannot be opened in terminal.
- Fixed invalid unref on CSS provider (GTK+ 3.0).
- Fixed unwanted unselection of items when right-clicked the desktop.
- Fixed endless loop in desktop items placement in some corner cases.
- Fixed spelling error in the manual page.
Those two components are usually released together. They are tightly bound, you know, and even if PCManFM 1.2.3 supports build using 1.0.1 series of LibFM yet, that is not the best (because most of functionality lies in LibFM and using old version you lose much) and it’s always better to use last one. So far nothing new happened, no 1.3 version in active development, so only bugs fixed, making this piece of software more reliable for your fun.
New release tarballs download links:
libfm-1.2.3.tar.xz – SHA1: c3f2f34086761d89d6aba549883610084ba00750
pcmanfm-1.2.3.tar.xz – SHA1: 0a195301de31c82f1c169e620be7cea8b91813b5
Changes since previous LibFM release 18.104.22.168 (see git log for details):
- Changed licence for libfm-extra and libfm components from GPL-2 to LGPL-2.1.
- Fixed crash on dropping URL queries into some folder.
- Fixed filename on dropping URI queries into folder: URI query like http://some.site/path/query.php?new=yes&mine=0 should be never saved with file name path/query.php?new=yes&mine=0 but as query.php instead like all the web browsers do.
- Disabled debug messages in XML parser, it spammed a lot.
- Fixed content type detection which was broken in last release.
- Fixed incorrect call to g_environ_setenv() in the terminal call.
- Replaced deprecated atk_component_get_position() calls.
- Fixed invalid callback get_image_position() on ATK icon of ExoIconView, it could loop and therefore hang the application.
- Disabled deprecated atk_focus_tracker_notify() with new libatk.
- Fixed installation of headers with parallel install, it could create invalid symlink /usr/share/libfm/libfm in some conditions.
- Corrected handling of application launch failure – launch content have to be informed about failure if startup notify id was retrieved from it before.
- Fixed usage of POSIX.1-2001 declaration `environ’ with GLib < 2.28.
- Fixed “out-of-tree” build (e.g. make distcheck).
- Corrected menu cache to sync in fm_app_chooser_dlg_dup_selected_app(), otherwise it would not work without menu preloaded.
- Fixed launch of applications with %f or %u argument – it should launch not just first file but all of them with the same command.
- Fixed unneeded fm-folder-config save even if no changes were made.
- Fixed not updated file in FmFolder if file was not changed within last 2 seconds. In case of fast download it was not updated in time. This may cause a little performance issue though due to thumbnails update.
- Fixed crash if g_file_get_basename() returns NULL.
- Fixed issue with desktop entry file selected in the Application chooser dialog, it tried to execute the desktop entry directly. Now it setups dialog fields from that desktop entry instead.
- Fixed problem with unwanted application substitution in the Application chooser dialog: if user selected no name then no replacements should be attempted.
- Fixed default app detection in Application chooser combo box.
Changes since previous PCManFM release 1.2.2 (see git log for details):
- Disabled unrequested config save on changing dir if show_hidden changes.
- Replaced deprecated atk_component_get_position() calls.
- Fixed invalid callback get_image_position() on ATK icon, it could loop and therefore hang the application.
- Increased delay on restoring scroller position from 20 to 50 ms.
Bugfixes high and low! Andriy has not forgot about you, four months ago the 1.2.0 release was out and since then bugreports have been taken care of. The result is ofc version 1.2.1. No full git log this time either, it’s to messy – follow the links if you want that type of report. The NEWS files are posted below the download links though. Happy hacking, keep reporting bugs and provide patches if possible!
pcmanfm-1.2.1.tar.xz, sha1: 6b0c981224897a621a52919d48f2ff13029f1552
libfm-1.2.1.tar.xz, sha1: 919da9d93bcff60f999470c6cb3326a1c7632f02
libfm – full git log
- Fixed incorrect presence of LXShortcut in menus.
- Fixed context menu on right-click on column header, it was not always shown, especially with GTK3.
- Fixed incorrect mime-type of mount points under computer:///.
- Few fixes in internal thumbnail generator.
- Changed info message on usage of x-terminal-emulator as terminal.
- Added sakura, qterminal and lilyterm into terminals database.
- Don’t create ~/Templates if it does not exist on application start.
- Fixed installing extra files with different values for –with-gtk.
- Fixed file renaming if it’s name is illegal on destination filesystem.
- An error window after user pressed ‘Cancel’ on app selection should be not shown anymore.
- Fixed menu positioning if it’s placed near monitor edge and also on non-first monitor, also ensured menu UI update before calculating its position.
- Fixed cancellation of loading row after FmDirTreeView chdir.
- The “link” mark on icons of small size (< 20 px) now scaled properly.
- Fixed positioning of search box in ExoIconView widget.
- Fixed fm_terminal_launch(), some terminals need PWD environment set.
- Fixed invalid rubberbanding after doubleclick on ExoIconView items.
- Corrected drag cursor, it should correctly show dragged item icon, not generic drag cursor.
- Fixed crash in fm_folder_view_scroll_to_path() if path is not available.
- Fixed unitialized variable usage in folder view context menu positioning code.
- Prevented path entry from containing “(invalid encoding)” string since it will prevent that path from being used.
- Fixed path completion listing for display names in paths.
- One-time custom application isn’t added anymore into list of last used.
- Added a workaround on duplicated loop devices in Places sidebar.
- If quick_exec option is set to true, launching will always start the application, not try a terminal for it.
- Changed ExoIconView rubberbanding the same way as it’s done in GTK+.
- Fixed invalid renaming files on moving them around virtual FS.
- Fixed crash in vfs-menu module with libmenu-cache 0.3.x.
PCManFM – full git log
- Fixed update desktop config from old settings.
- Fixed ‘Edit’->’Rename’ menu item, it should be inactive if rename isn’t supported.
- Fixed install and uninstall for modules directory.
- Port number shouldn’t be added in Connect to Server dialog if port is default one.
- Got rid of possible memory exhausting after changing wallpaper.
- Fixed icons positioning when upper reserved area is not 0.
- Fixed resetting cursor in location bar to beginning after navigation.
- Corrected folder popup update on folder loading so context menu is now correct for the folder shown.
- Fixed dragging and dropping icons behavior on desktop.
- Correctly use screen number to display all the windows.
- Added “System;FileTools;” into Categories for pcmanfm.desktop, those are recommended categories for the FileManager one.
- Reordered ‘View’ menu items a bit to conform with HIG.
- Implemented drawing icons of dragged items as cursor to see where they will end up dropped.
Hard at work and huge changes were served. Below you’ll find the NEWS files for PCManFM and libfm, usually we post the git log and link the commit IDs to the log but that is not possible this time, the NEWS files combined are 4800 words!
pcmanfm-1.2.0.tar.xz, sha1: d2a72a25d1f5a9fd6a245bfe5a8723969fa27e9a
libfm-1.2.0.tar.xz, sha1: f4da9f73111364291501bfc752c50d43a17f17cf
PCManFM – full git log
- Implemented accessibility for the desktop managed by pcmanfm.
- Added missing accessibility relations between main window parts.
- Added tooltips for desktop items. Tooltips contain full file names, while desktop text shows them truncated in case of long names.
- For LibFM version 1.2.0 (and newer) show version of LibFM in the About window as well, not just PCManFM version.
- Added support for configuration options of LibFM 1.1.0 and 1.2.0 into Preferences dialog.
- Adopted new LibFM APIs and disabled all the deprecated calls.
- Implemented separated desktop configuration for each monitor. The Desktop Preferences dialog will be applied only to current monitor.
If no setup was ever done for secondary monitor then setup will be copied from primary one. Configuration will be converted into new style
from old one on the first start of PCManFM desktop manager. The new configuration will be not known to old version of PCManFM so if you
start old one again, it will gain default configuration for the desktop instead.
- Changed representing of sort mode in config file: instead of numerics ‘sort_type’ and ‘sort_by’ it’s saved as ‘sort=’ text setting. Thus it is possible to save extended modes such as ‘case’ or ‘mingle’ and save sort by extended columns (see LibFM new APIs).
- Implemented saving of columns (works for Detailed List View mode). The list of columns is represented as [:<width]. This feature will work with LibFM 1.0.2 or newer. The LibFM 1.1.x will get some
benefit only, the PCManFM can load that list from config. The possibility to catch columns change is available since LibFM 1.2.0 so this feature will work in full only with LibFM 1.2.0 or newer.
- Changed strings to follow common Human Interface Guidelines for strings capitalization.
- New tab with Search Results now opened in Detailed List View mode with columns: Name, Description, Location, Size, Modified. Since Search Results is a special folder, its layout should be other than default.
- The ‘Tools’->’Open Current Folder as Root’ menu item is removed along with ‘su_cmd’ configuration option. That mode is too much dangerous and appropriate functionality can be achieved using DES-EMA extension for context menu, no need to hardcode it into PCManFM.
- Added support for extended sort modes into main menu.
- If used with LibFM 1.2.0 or newer then list of view modes in the main menu will be not hardcoded but list of supported view modes retrieved from FmStandardView widget.
- Added support for per-folder configurations: sort mode, show_hidden, and view mode. The settings will be loaded from the file .directory if it exists, the file ~/.config/pcmanfm//dir-settings.conf will be used otherwise (and if linked with LibFM 1.2.0 or newer then the file
~/.config/libfm/dir-settings.conf will be used instead by the LibFM). Those settings will be saved not for each of the visited folders but only if ‘View’->’Save for This Folder’ checkbox in the main menu is checked, and will be forgotten after it’s unchecked.
- Changed representing of view mode in config file: instead of numeric ‘view_mode’ it is saved in portable way as string defined by widget FmStandardView.
- Changed representing of side pane mode in config file: instead of numeric ‘side_pane_mode’ it is saved now in portable way as string defined by widget FmSidePane.
- Implemented Dual Pane mode which can be toggled on anytime. If there is some tab next to current then it will be used for inactive pane, and if there is only one
tab present in the window then new tab will be created (for the same directory as current view). When tab that is shown in inactive pane is closed then Dual Pane mode
is terminated and may be toggled on again by user if needed. The Dual Pane mode can be toggled either via the main menu or by pressing a key ‘F3’.
- Added icon size manipulations (increase, decrease, normalize size) into View menu. New size will be remembered in config for the appropriate type of icons.
- Added configuration for toolbar: it can be now hidden, and elements on it (New Tab, navigations, Home) can be hidden individually as well.
- Added menu option ‘Go’->’Connect to Server…”. If selected it opens a dialog window to select type of remote folder and few parameters (host, port, path, login) for the connection. If not cancelled then selected remote folder will be opened in new tab.
- Implemented new config option ‘media_in_new_tab’, defaulted to false. If set then automounted folder will be opened in new tab instead of new window.
- Implemented new config option ‘desktop_folder_new_win’, defaulted to false. If set then folder from desktop will be opened in new window instead of new tab.
- Context menu options to open folder in new window / tab / terminal now available also for side pane items’ context menu if used with LibFM 1.2.0 or newer.
- If used with libfm 1.2.0 or newer then option ‘mingle’ will be included into default sort modes for the Desktop. This is expected by most of users – we add something to Desktop, then we see it after all already added items, not after other folders.
- Implemented handling for extra items on the desktop:
- Trash Can
- “Documents” folder
- external media
Those items have not be in the Desktop folder, they will be added to the view by desktop manager internally. Corresponding config options are ‘show_trash’, ‘show_documents’, ‘show_mounts’ – those are set in
the desktop config for each monitor. Default is true for ‘show_trash’ and false for other items. Note that all those items are not links of any kind but folders itself so weird operations with them may lead to weird results. This feature will work only if linked against libfm 1.2.0 or newer.
- Folder view modes moved to separate submenu to make View menu shorter.
- Reordered View, Bookmarks, and Go menus placement in menu bar to follow common order used by other applications and file managers.
- The menu items ‘Go’->’Applications’ and ‘Tools’->’Find Files…’ should become insensitive now if appropriate modules were not loaded.
- Added new section ‘autorun’ into config where last choices made by user for some kind of inserted media is remembered. Added a checkbutton
‘Always perform this action on this media type’ into the dialog where user selects an action so user can remember the choice and never ask again
for that kind of media. The button is not available for unknown or mixed media types. The ‘do nothing’ kind of choice is allowed to remember as well
if user selects not ask again and press the ‘Cancel’ button in the dialog. The choice ‘not ask’ is saved in config file as asterisk (*) prepended to application ID. The choice of view in the PCManFM itself is saved as pseudo-ID “pcmanfm”.
- The menu option ‘Edit’->’Delete’ is split to two: ‘Move to Trash’ and ‘Delete’ because some users with disabilities may not be able to use keybinding Shift+Del therefore should be a possibility to do exact action by mouse only.
- Added new menu option ‘File’->’Folder Properties’ which duplicates the folder context menu option for those who cannot use the context menu.
- Added new menu option ‘Edit’->’Properties’ from the selection context menu for those who cannot use the context menu.
- Added new menu option ‘Edit’->’Open’ to launch selection for those who can use neither keyboard nor selection context menu.
- Added new config option ‘show_statusbar’ with default to true which defines should status bar be shown or hidden. It’s controllable via menu ‘View’->’Show Status Bar’.
- Added new menu option ‘File’->’Create Link…’ to create link(s) on the selected file(s) into some directory.
- Implemented a runtime option to open Find Files dialog window. It will not replace any other options, i.e. if used alone and no other window nor desktop manager is active, it will open new default window.
It will not open any additional window if used when an other window or desktop manager is active though.
- When wallpaper mode is color-only, the file chooser for wallpaper image is not clickable anymore because it has no reasons to be clickable.
- Implemented the interactive search for desktop contents. It is similar to that in GtkTreeView and ExoIconView, activated by just typing or pressing Ctrl+F. This small search entry window is
opened at the top right corner of workspace. It supports the same shortcuts as those GtkTreeView – Ctrl+G for “find next” or “Shift+Ctrl+G for backward, scroll gestures also possible.
- Added new menu option ‘View’->’Filter…’ which allows to apply shell pattern to files currently shown in the view. The pattern is case insensitive.
- After creation of new tab using keyboard Ctrl+T (or main menu option) the Location Bar of new created tab will be focused to allow easy change path. Any other created new tabs will have the focus as usual.
- Added new config option ‘change_tab_on_drop’, defaulted to true to keep old behavior: when you drag file(s) on tab label then tab will be
unfolded so you can drop files into folder view. If set to false (new behavior) then the tab will be not unfolded but you can drop files directly on tab label using any wanted gestures and files will end up in the folder that tab label points to.
- Added new menu option ‘Edit’->’Copy Path(s)’ to copy text paths for the selection into clipboard.
- Added new config option ‘home_path’ (unset by default) which defines the file path or URI string to open when ‘Home Folder’ is activated in side pane, toolbar, or menu. Available only with LibFM 1.2.0 or newer.
- Added new config option ‘focus_previous’ defaulted to false (preserving old behavior) which allows select and focus the folder where we came from when we go into parent directory. It’s available only with LibFM 1.2.0 or newer.
- Added new config option ‘close_on_unmount’ defaulted to true. If set to true then tab containing a folder that is vanished (that happens if the folder either
was deleted or was renamed or was unmounted) will be closed. If set to false then such tab will go to the ‘Home Folder’ instead (with respect to ‘home_path’ config option).
- Implemented possibility to set custom folder to display on desktop. It is saved in monitor config option ‘folder’. If that config
option is unset that implies default desktop folder. If that config option is set to empty string then desktop icons support and drag&drop support will be disabled for that monitor. Otherwise mentioned path will be used to display on the desktop instead of Desktop Folder.
- Changed saving option ‘wallpaper_mode’ into desktop config, it will be saved as text instead of number to allow further improvements.
- Added new wallpaper mode ‘crop’ that will scale image proportionally to match the monitor size fut in difference to the ‘fit’ mode the scaled image will fill whole monitor area and will be cropped if it’s bigger than the monitor.
- Added new wallpaper mode ‘screen’ that will scale image to fill the entire screen size and display appropriate part on the monitor it is configured for.
This mode is useful when people have an appropriate wallpaper and want their screen composed of two monitors to show the whole image – a part on first monitor and other part on second.
- Added alternative to Location Bar – implemented FmPathBar support with switching via menu ‘View’->’Path Bar’->… radio buttons. The path bar mode is applied to windows opened after change, the same way as the side bar change is applied.
- Added optional ‘New Window’ button to the toolbar left to ‘New Tab’ one to those who don’t like tabbed view.
- The statusbar can show total size of selected files if some conditions are met. Conditions are:
- number of selected files should be less than 1000;
- selection should contain no directories.
Those limitations are due to lightweight nature of the file manager and otherwise counting will take too much resources.
- Added API to create third-party plugins that may append own text to the statusbar text for selected files. The plugins should be installed into $(libdir)/pcmanfm folder and use “#include” directive in the code.
- Added new menu option ‘Tools’->’Run a Command in Current Folder’ to run an arbitrary command line from the folder opened in current tab. This option works only with LibFM 1.2.0 or newer.
- A whole lot of bugfixes.
libfm – full git log
An unusual update. Andriy posted a note to the pcmanfm development list about the upcoming release of PCManFM and libfm components. He has been hard at work closing bugs and adding features and in hopes to release in time for the next Ubuntu freeze we’ve now entered soft string freeze. This means that no new features will be added and most strings are stable enough to be translated. In about two weeks a solid freeze happens and no strings will change (hopefully we’ve found all hard to translate cases by then). If you want to help test drive the new code (build from source: pcmanfm-1.2.0-beta1.tar.xz libfm-1.2.0-beta4.tar.xz) or add to the translation effort we do welcome that.
If nothing very evil happens a new and shiny PCManFM 1.2.0 will be out early February.
No rest in the PCManFM camp. Another update is here, not just one but several. A new PCManFM version and two bugfix releaes to libfm gives us a strange version bump for once.
pcmanfm-1.1.2.tar.gz, sha1: d6f42f0957abe25bb79b24b57bf1026eabe3d820
libfm-22.214.171.124.tar.gz, sha1: 21fc7600f6996a826106f40c4ff0c3ac5f094d47
Changelog for PCManFM
* 0a9dfa8 – [#3614867]”Daemon mode” not always works correctly.
* 3d6f154 – Add missing #include “gseal-gtk-compat.h” into src/tab-page.c
* 8eb3856 – Remove xml-purge to allow smooth cross-compilation, replace it with sed.
* 2e2d530 – Add data sources to dist tarball, the make check needs them.
Changelog for libfm
* fa819be – Release v126.96.36.199.
* 0de4df2 – Increase ABI revision to 5 before release (now ABI code is 4:5:1)
* da08c6c – [#3614500]Add weak notify on Places view to detach it from context menu.
* 74116b0 – Call GtkWidget’s handler button_release_event() before we unmount.
* 77c6a62 – Make ‘make check’ work (the docs/Makefile.am contains incorrect statement).
* 727334c – Release v188.8.131.52.
* 03f5ea8 – Fix over 8b67cc484583f2d9413ffb30e670fd7602f0a931, it was incorrect.
* d7df28a – [#3614837]Check file name before id when launch GDesktopAppInfo.
* 8b67cc4 – Fix crash with no terminal defined in config file.
* 90c5b6e – Release v1.1.2.
* 1d0055b – Increase ABI revision to 3 before release (now ABI code is 4:3:1)
* 18131ed – [#3614629]text/uri-list in DnD should be ended with \r\n not just \n
* bc51ca2 – [#3614837]Fix incorrect terminal config statement parsing.