Bugfixes high and low! Andriy has not forgot about you, four months ago the 1.2.0 release was out and since then bugreports have been taken care of. The result is ofc version 1.2.1. No full git log this time either, it’s to messy – follow the links if you want that type of report. The NEWS files are posted below the download links though. Happy hacking, keep reporting bugs and provide patches if possible!
pcmanfm-1.2.1.tar.xz, sha1: 6b0c981224897a621a52919d48f2ff13029f1552
libfm-1.2.1.tar.xz, sha1: 919da9d93bcff60f999470c6cb3326a1c7632f02
libfm – full git log
- Fixed incorrect presence of LXShortcut in menus.
- Fixed context menu on right-click on column header, it was not always shown, especially with GTK3.
- Fixed incorrect mime-type of mount points under computer:///.
- Few fixes in internal thumbnail generator.
- Changed info message on usage of x-terminal-emulator as terminal.
- Added sakura, qterminal and lilyterm into terminals database.
- Don’t create ~/Templates if it does not exist on application start.
- Fixed installing extra files with different values for –with-gtk.
- Fixed file renaming if it’s name is illegal on destination filesystem.
- An error window after user pressed ‘Cancel’ on app selection should be not shown anymore.
- Fixed menu positioning if it’s placed near monitor edge and also on non-first monitor, also ensured menu UI update before calculating its position.
- Fixed cancellation of loading row after FmDirTreeView chdir.
- The “link” mark on icons of small size (< 20 px) now scaled properly.
- Fixed positioning of search box in ExoIconView widget.
- Fixed fm_terminal_launch(), some terminals need PWD environment set.
- Fixed invalid rubberbanding after doubleclick on ExoIconView items.
- Corrected drag cursor, it should correctly show dragged item icon, not generic drag cursor.
- Fixed crash in fm_folder_view_scroll_to_path() if path is not available.
- Fixed unitialized variable usage in folder view context menu positioning code.
- Prevented path entry from containing “(invalid encoding)” string since it will prevent that path from being used.
- Fixed path completion listing for display names in paths.
- One-time custom application isn’t added anymore into list of last used.
- Added a workaround on duplicated loop devices in Places sidebar.
- If quick_exec option is set to true, launching will always start the application, not try a terminal for it.
- Changed ExoIconView rubberbanding the same way as it’s done in GTK+.
- Fixed invalid renaming files on moving them around virtual FS.
- Fixed crash in vfs-menu module with libmenu-cache 0.3.x.
PCManFM – full git log
- Fixed update desktop config from old settings.
- Fixed ‘Edit’->’Rename’ menu item, it should be inactive if rename isn’t supported.
- Fixed install and uninstall for modules directory.
- Port number shouldn’t be added in Connect to Server dialog if port is default one.
- Got rid of possible memory exhausting after changing wallpaper.
- Fixed icons positioning when upper reserved area is not 0.
- Fixed resetting cursor in location bar to beginning after navigation.
- Corrected folder popup update on folder loading so context menu is now correct for the folder shown.
- Fixed dragging and dropping icons behavior on desktop.
- Correctly use screen number to display all the windows.
- Added “System;FileTools;” into Categories for pcmanfm.desktop, those are recommended categories for the FileManager one.
- Reordered ‘View’ menu items a bit to conform with HIG.
- Implemented drawing icons of dragged items as cursor to see where they will end up dropped.
10 responses to “PCManFM 1.2.1 and libfm 1.2.1 released!”
PCManFM is good FM for a kiosk mode.
Can you add some features for KioskMode?
– Hide files over > Mb
– Hide files contains needed string (“.exe”, “.sh”)
– Manual configure Context Menu
– Browsing only in Home Directory
I have same error libfm-demo. This is bug?
libfm-demo: symbol lookup error: libfm-demo: undefined symbol: fm_side_pane_set_popup_updater
What do you think?
Hi, nicholas, it seems your libfm-demo is built somehow badly or is started by some inappropriate way. Do you make a fresh compilation then start it from the …/libfm/src/ directory?
Andriy, I need ppa
Andry, PCmanFM 1.2-rc1 with libfm 1.1.4 work without error.
With the best regards, nicholas
PCmanFM 1.2.1 error
main-win.c: In function ‘on_folder_view_sel_changed’:
main-win.c:375:9: error: implicit declaration of function ‘fm_file_info_can_set_name’ [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
cc1: some warnings being treated as errors
repeat, 1.2-rc1 work good.
Hi, nicholas, that issue is fixed in current GIT sources. Next time don’t report issues here but in the bugtracker, please. Thanks.
How i can watched changes git pcmanfm?
Comfortable by using RSS?
Then use these URLs:
The more common solution is probably to just clone the repositories and check changes that way.
Feature missing: Mounted sftp(ssh) when shoed on desktop dont have “umount” option on right click menu.