There will be 1.0, but before it become stable enough for production use, let’s call it 0.9.
Actually, 0.9.0 is not a new version of PCManFM. It is a whole new total rewrite and redesign from scratch. So its code base is totally different from the old PCManFM 0.5.x series.
- Have GIO/GVFS support but “still keep original speed” and memory usage is still acceptable
- Seamless remote filesystem access such as sftp and smb (provided by gvfs)
- Trash can (provided by gvfs)
- Much better designed configuration dialogs
- Much better thumbnail support
- Better wallpaper handling
- Better drag and drop handling and also support X direct save
- Basic auto-mount (provided by gvfs)
- Better application chooser based on applications menu installed on the dsektop system
- The core part is moved to a separate lib called libfm, which can be used by other programs
- Much better structure of source code, so future hacking is easier
- Better configurability
- and more…