We haven’t have new releases of LXPanel for quite a long time, but the development is still ongoing.
* Greatly rewrite application menu with our new menu-cache library. Now it’s complete and more user-friendly
* Improved “Run” dialog
* Improved OSS volume plugin
* Image showed on application menu button can be changed with GUI.
* Add new temperature monitor plugin by Daniel Kesler
* Size of icons now can automatically be automatically adjusted according to the height of the panel.
* Numerous bug fixes and more…
Please get it tested since lxpanel 0.4 will be released very soon.
Note that to make the whole new menu work correctly, now menu-cache and lxmenu-data are needed.
LXPanel source tarball
menu-cache library tarball (lightweight library used to generate standard compliant menus)
lxmenu-data tarball (data files used to build the menu)