Next component of LXDE became so much mature that is should be called stable release, without that leading 0 in version number! That is a progress which should happen with any good software. So now let it be, and everyone is encouraged to get it, build it, install it, use it. No bugs are known for it at this moment. If no more bugs would be found within a month then this release candidate transforms into a final release 1.0.0.
The release candidate tarball download link:
menu-cache-1.0.0-rc1.tar.xz – SHA1: 2c5b8ffbb0eb20ac8235f904a6e503ea08a036cf
Changes since previous release 0.7.0 (see git log for details):
- Added new cache file format generation support (1.2), changes:
– invisible directories (empty or with NoDisplay=true) can be put into the cache too but with flag (not displayed) set;
– content of TryExec field is added to the cache file;
– the working dir to execute application is added to the cache file;
– list of application categories is added to the cache file;
– list of application keywords is added to the cache file.
- Fixed crash in menu_cache_item_get_file_dirname() for a non-existent file (might happen for directories without .directory file).
- Made menu_cache_app_get_working_dir() actually work.
- Made menu_cache_lookup() faster (do not load cache immediately but on idle instead).
- Eliminated secondary cache reload in menu_cache_lookup_sync() – server response in such case will be ahead of idle reload (since main thread is in wait ATM) and therefore idle call will be supressed.
- Added new API menu_cache_app_get_categories() to get list of categories for the application.
- Added new APIs to get list of matching applications:
- Fixed a problem if some string in the desktop entry file contained a newline character. That broke cache file format, now it’s replaced with a “\n” string and converted back into newline in the library.