LXDE own implementation of terminal emulator that is based on libvte library, got no releases for very long time. Now its time has came and it got a new featured release. We all thank to the new developer Jonathan (also known as FinboySlick) for those updates.
New release tarball download link:
lxterminal-0.2.0.tar.gz – SHA1: 0c2269c43aa463e5dbf869d935745226b3c9943a
Changes since previous release 0.1.11 (see git log for details):
- A lot of translation updates.
- Extended disabling alt key to menu mnemonics.
- Updated some deprecated libvte APIs to new ones.
- Fixed memory leaks.
- Fixed a bug that Shift+C doesn’t work.
- Fixed a bug that terminal got ATL key event which should be filtered.
- Added multiple new tabs functionality.
- Added clear scrollback option.
- Added “Copy URL” to context menu.
- Fixed passing Ctrl+C when pressing Ctrl+Shift+C.
- Changed default distribution tarball format to XZ.
- Implemented using lxterminal icon name when it’s available in the theme for window icon, or fallback to hicolor directory and shipped icon.
- Massive rewrite preferences and setting:
– Add shortcut tab to Preferences
– Singleton setting for all application
– Store setting only if in Preferences push OK button
– Same change lxterminal_initialize
– load menu from menu.ui
- Raised GTK+ min version to 2.18.
- Added a Keywords line into lxterminal.desktop file.
- Removed need to restart lxterminal on shortcut changes.
- Prevented segfault when escape is pressed during shortcut edit (to cancel changes).
- Cleaned up preferences.c to reuse identical functions.
- Added mouse autohide setting.
- Fixed issue where initial geometry is affected by hidden/shown UI elements.
- Fixed handling of multi-file input on -e/–command (e.g. -e foo *.txt).
- File->Quit now replaced by safer “File->Close Window”.
- Fixed build with GTK+ 3.0.
- Fixed wrong window size on startup.