There is a new video on LXPanel 0.5.2 on Youtube. It introduces the new functions of LXPanel:
There is now a video online of the gathering with the Shenzhen Linux User Group and our discussion about Open Source and LXDE provided from Zhang Le. Thanks a lot!
LXDE Video of the desktop: Maces explains how to add desktop icons, change colors and fonts, switch different desktops and customize the panel and taskbar on LXDE
Maces: I have uploaded a new video on Youtube. It shows the main features of the LXDE Desktop environment. I will introduce the Panel and it stettings and how to handle with your icons on the Desktop.
Installation in Debian, Ubuntu and other distributions:
pacman -Sy gpicview
- Extremely lightweight and fast with low memory usage
- Very suitable for default image viewer of desktop system
- Simple and intuitive interface
- Minimal lib dependency: Only pure GTK+ is used
- Desktop independent: Doesn’t require any specific desktop environment
- Open source, licensed under GNU GPL
Developed by 洪任諭 (Hong Jen Yee,aka PCMan) Copyright © 2007, Released under GNU general public license.
- How to set gpicview to default image viewer? Use following command line:
xdg-mime default gpicview.desktop `grep ‘MimeType=’ /usr/share/applications/gpicview.desktop | sed -e ‘s/.*=//’ -e ‘s/;/ /g’`
NOTE: xdg-utils is needed here. It’s a tool released by Portland project of Freedesktop.org. Most modern Linux distros have this tool installed by default.
Maces Blogpost with German Video: http://www.maces-net.de/2008/10/06/kurzvorstellung-gpicview/
GPicView auf Sourceforge: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.ph…
GPicView in the LXDE Wiki: http://wiki.lxde.org/en/GPicView