Another bugs fixing update happened at beginning of September. A simple XMMS frontend music player got next release, year later after previous. No big changes except for translations update and bugs fixes.
New release tarball download link:
lxmusic-0.4.6.tar.xz – SHA1: 69209b26aefbb0f1cd45bbb3da85526a4137c39c
Changes since previous release 0.4.5 (see git log for details):
- Few updates for build using more recent auto-tools.
- Added compatibility with libnotify >= 0.7.0.
- Fixed crash if “id” is not available.
- Fixed crash in using xmmsv_get_* functions.
- Fixed crash on NULL passed to guess_title_from_url().
- Fixed crash after deleting item from playlist.
- Eliminated duplicate gtk_widget_destroy() on main window which leaded to crash on exit.
- Fixed return value from lxmusic_do_notify_prepare() if no libnotify is available.
- It have to destroy any dialog windows on exit.
- Fixed few invalid casts and deprecated gdk_pixbuf_unref() calls.
- Allow compile with GLib >= 2.30 replacing deprecated functions.
- Added manual page lxmusic.1 to install tarball.
Over two years since last release!? Yes it is true. We have not touched LXMusic since then. Mainly because the old maintainer left the LXDE upstream project. If you have an extra special connection to LXMusic please contact the main mailinglist and tell us about your plans for the client. We love to have a active maintainer for this piece of software.
So what happened in the last two years? We have scrubbed the translation updates from the changelog below but there are alot of changes still mainly focused to notification updates and a rewrite of parts of that infrastructure.
lxmusic-0.4.5.tar.gz, sha1sum: 428cbce247267968468d035c4b7a3025a6b28b9c
52783ff – Corrected spelling mistake; Preference => Preferences
55e8e42 – Move libnotify conditional code to lxmusic-notify.c
453e209 – Bugfix for volume control
61270fb – on_tray_icon_middle_clicked: toggle play pause
77588c8 – on_volume_btn_scrolled: increase/decrease volume on tray icon
6871b44 – added missing funcion declarations
371a11e – Use XMMS2 “picture_front” album art for desktop notifications
699ab97 – Make notification code implementation opaque
ef3a07f – clean rewrite of desktop notification code
1e93b7a – Code cleanup: Use macro to retrieve string/int track properties (removes code duplication)
3fdb58a – retrieve album art property: picture_front
dbf8c0f – fixed non UTF-8 char
88c6678 – removed un-used variables, fixed no-return-in-non-void function
LXMusic 0.4.3 was released by Jürgen Hötzel.
Most important changes include:
* Adopt XMMS2 DrNo 0.7 API changes
* Fix a double free (on_playback_track_loaded)
* Translation updates
Please help to advance LXDE development and test releases, help with translations and update the wiki.
* Git Repository: http://lxde.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=lxde/lxmusic
* LXMusic in the LXDE Wiki: http://wiki.lxde.org/en/LXMusic
* LXDE Translation Project: http://wiki.lxde.org/en/Category:Translations