The Google Summer of Code is now accepting applications from students for projects. There are a number of projects, that could accept LXDE related works. If you have an idea we are open to support you and discuss it. Please join us in the LXDE channel on irc.oftc.net. I would also like to support you and endorse any applications by talking to projects directly. Just let me know, please.
Here is a list of projects related to LXDE.
- XMMS2 http://socghop.appspot.com/org/show/google/gsoc2009/xmms2
- Fedora Project & JBoss.org (Red Hat) http://socghop.appspot.com/org/show/google/gsoc2009/redhat
- openSUSE Project http://socghop.appspot.com/org/show/google/gsoc2009/opensuse
- The NetBSD Project http://socghop.appspot.com/org/show/google/gsoc2009/netbsd
- The FreeBSD Project http://socghop.appspot.com/org/show/google/gsoc2009/freebsd
- Freifunk http://socghop.appspot.com/org/show/google/gsoc2009/ffopenwrt
- Linux Foundation http://socghop.appspot.com/org/show/google/gsoc2009/linux_foundation
- GNU Project http://socghop.appspot.com/org/show/google/gsoc2009/karlberry
- Debian http://socghop.appspot.com/org/show/google/gsoc2009/debian
- Ubuntu http://socghop.appspot.com/org/show/google/gsoc2009/ubuntu
For a full list look here: http://socghop.appspot.com/program/accepted_orgs/google/gsoc2009
Did I forget any relevant project? Please leave a comment then.
As a side note, I am also the administrator of the Freifunk project in GSoC, which is an OpenWrt based firmware. Generally we are looking for any good ideas related to mesh networks. So get in touch with me if you have any ideas: Freifunk http://socghop.appspot.com/org/show/google/gsoc2009/ffopenwrt