A key package with LXDE in the name (and reasonably associated with LXDE as a whole) got a bit of updates. Also its version number was noticeably changed, as a sign that LXDE version should be 1.0 next time. When that would happen? Let us don’t tell you yet.
New release tarball download link:
lxde-common-0.99.0.tar.xz – SHA1: 8ae027a26043620990a5c5d96a31e46b0ff669da
Changes since previous release 0.5.6 (see git log for details):
- Fixed missing install of lxde-logout.desktop file.
- Removed inappropriate text about lxde-settings from README.
- Fixed sort_by in the pcmanfm.conf, it should be 2, not 0.
- Added exporting XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP in startlxde script.
- Disabled copying pcmanfm config file. The recent pcmanfm releases support profile selection on its own, so this code is no longer needed.
- Fixed lxpanel profile location.
- Added launching LXRandR when Fn+Screen (XF86Display key) is pressed.
- Correctly implemented translations for *.desktop files using intltool, now those can be properly translated.
- Added lxde-screenlock.desktop file to call lxlock (taken from Debian, with translations too).
- Few new translations added, some were updated.
- Removed obsolete key Encoding from *.desktop files.
After 3 years of silence in the package which some people think of as LXDE core package (though LXDE does not have one), the little bugfix release happened. Not much of changes, just some updates.
New release tarball download link:
lxde-common-0.5.6.tar.xz – SHA1: 4ce700232870db2601ca21b508e65ecc920a54e0
Changes since previous release 0.5.5 (see git log for details):
- The “Fullscreen” keybinding in Openbox rc.xml file changed from F11 to Alt+F11, Many applications already have this keybinding bound to own processing so let not interfere with them.
- Installation: added fix for invalid $sysconfdir in configure in case of $prefix is /usr.
- Fixed incorrect path to pcmanfm.conf file in startlxde script.
- Changed location of all configuration files placement from somewhere in system shared data directory to location under system config data directory.
- Added keybinding for ‘lxpanelctl menu’ on Alt+F1, the same as it is in GNOME and Lubuntu.
- Added keybinding to launch gnome-screenshot when PrintScreen is pressed.
- Installation: updated autogen.sh to support automake > 1.11.
- Changed default distribution tarball format to xz instead of gzip.
The common packages has some files that are good to have around, wallpapers and openbox configuration and such.
Get the file at sourceforge.net: lxde-common-0.5.5.tar.gz, sha1: 27ce9bcaf109ded61aa0c691a8dc6059a04a6d08
87c368d Fix install location of pcmanfm.conf file
736ded3 Add missing openbox-lxde manpage
4a461c3 Fix location of pcmanfm config file
7c95c46 fixed pcmanfm config file path after 0.9.8 release
38c0d2f Minor adjust for PCManfm 0.9 LXDE profile name in LXDE session.
908f14c pcmanfm2 has been finally re-named as pcmanfm
278a3f5 fixed pcmanfm command to call the proper config table on pcmanfm2
96fa5ab Set terminal=lxterminal to make it consistent with the terminal setting in lxpanel.
07dae88 Bump version of lxde-common to 0.5.5.
bf7093b * Fix config file of pcmanfm2. * Fix autostart for pcmanfm2.
fcefd17 Properly set XDG_MENU_PREFIX.
00acd9d remove old config file
0f3b683 swtich from pcmanfm to pcmanfm2
3f17c3a Sync lxde-common/debian from debian.
28309e5 Ensure the existance of the ‘Desktop’ folder
34cd793 start xscreensaver after lxpanel and pcmanfm
847a8e7 Launch dbus in startlxde when needed.
PCMan released new LXDE Components and improved settings structure of LXDE.
1. LXInput. This is a config tool used to configure your keyboard and mouse under LXDE.
2. The lxde-settings-daemon: The original lxde-settings is moved from lxde-common to a new separate package and was renamed to lxde-settings-daemon. In addition to the theme, now the settings daemon will configure keyboard and mouse for you. (works with lxinput config tool)
3. lxde-common 0.4: some fixes were done, and unused files are removed. lxde-common is now a noarch, data-only package, and doesn’t contain any binary program in it. The settings daemon is now in lxde-settings-daemon.
4. menu-cache 0.2.5: binaries are now moved to libexec.
5. The original lxsession is deprecated, and will be totally replaced by lxsession-lite since X11 session management is problematic, complicated, and rarely used by applications. GNOME now replaced XSM with dbus, too. So we don’t need that anymore.