PCMan released new LXDE Components and improved settings structure of LXDE.
1. LXInput. This is a config tool used to configure your keyboard and mouse under LXDE.
2. The lxde-settings-daemon: The original lxde-settings is moved from lxde-common to a new separate package and was renamed to lxde-settings-daemon. In addition to the theme, now the settings daemon will configure keyboard and mouse for you. (works with lxinput config tool)
3. lxde-common 0.4: some fixes were done, and unused files are removed. lxde-common is now a noarch, data-only package, and doesn’t contain any binary program in it. The settings daemon is now in lxde-settings-daemon.
4. menu-cache 0.2.5: binaries are now moved to libexec.
5. The original lxsession is deprecated, and will be totally replaced by lxsession-lite since X11 session management is problematic, complicated, and rarely used by applications. GNOME now replaced XSM with dbus, too. So we don’t need that anymore.
Hi all, here comes the latest release of LXPanel – version 0.4.
First I’d like to say sorry because this is not a bug-free release.
Some existing problems are not completely solved yet, but most of the bugs causing crashes were fixed. However, we feel it’s right time to have a new release. The menu-cache library is now stable enough for extensive use in LXDE. This will give us a enhanced and faster application menu and lxlauncher. Later, the lib will be used by pcmanfm, too.
The new features and some important bug fixes really deserves a new release of lxpanel.
So here comes version 0.4.
To use LXPanel 0.4, you’ll also need following packages:
* menu-cache (lib used to parse freedesktop.org menu file and generate menu)
* lxmenu-data (data files used to generate application menu)
* A whole new application menu generated according to freedesktop.org menu spec.
(faster and more standard-compliant. has tooltips for menu items)
* Enhanced “Run” dialog.
* Auto-resize of application launcher buttons when panel size gets changed.
* Some important critical bug fixes.
* The problematic netstat plugin is now turned off by default. It will be moved to a separate project later.
* Building dynamic panel plugins outside the source tree of lxpanel is now possible.
* and more…
Some bugs are not yet fixed and we know that. We’ll do our best to fixed them later.
* Fix icon display problems under 64-bit systems.
* Fixes to work with minimization animation provided by window manager.
* Fix RTL problems of the task list.
* Launch console applications in terminal properly
* Some minor bug fixes
* Add some new translations
Please install menu-cache and lxmenu-data first. Otherwise you’ll get
no application menu.
We haven’t have new releases of LXPanel for quite a long time, but the development is still ongoing.
* Greatly rewrite application menu with our new menu-cache library. Now it’s complete and more user-friendly
* Improved “Run” dialog
* Improved OSS volume plugin
* Image showed on application menu button can be changed with GUI.
* Add new temperature monitor plugin by Daniel Kesler
* Size of icons now can automatically be automatically adjusted according to the height of the panel.
* Numerous bug fixes and more…
Please get it tested since lxpanel 0.4 will be released very soon.
Note that to make the whole new menu work correctly, now menu-cache and lxmenu-data are needed. LXPanel source tarball
Maces has made a number of videos presenting some of the core components of LXDE. The videos are in English. Additionally he produced a German version for each component. The first video is about the LXDE Filemanager, PCManFM.