LXDE own implementation of terminal emulator that is based on libvte library, got no releases for very long time. Now its time has came and it got a new featured release. We all thank to the new developer Jonathan (also known as FinboySlick) for those updates.
New release tarball download link:
lxterminal-0.2.0.tar.gz – SHA1: 0c2269c43aa463e5dbf869d935745226b3c9943a
Changes since previous release 0.1.11 (see git log for details):
- A lot of translation updates.
- Extended disabling alt key to menu mnemonics.
- Updated some deprecated libvte APIs to new ones.
- Fixed memory leaks.
- Fixed a bug that Shift+C doesn’t work.
- Fixed a bug that terminal got ATL key event which should be filtered.
- Added multiple new tabs functionality.
- Added clear scrollback option.
- Added “Copy URL” to context menu.
- Fixed passing Ctrl+C when pressing Ctrl+Shift+C.
- Changed default distribution tarball format to XZ.
- Implemented using lxterminal icon name when it’s available in the theme for window icon, or fallback to hicolor directory and shipped icon.
- Massive rewrite preferences and setting:
– Add shortcut tab to Preferences
– Singleton setting for all application
– Store setting only if in Preferences push OK button
– Same change lxterminal_initialize
– load menu from menu.ui
- Raised GTK+ min version to 2.18.
- Added a Keywords line into lxterminal.desktop file.
- Removed need to restart lxterminal on shortcut changes.
- Prevented segfault when escape is pressed during shortcut edit (to cancel changes).
- Cleaned up preferences.c to reuse identical functions.
- Added mouse autohide setting.
- Fixed issue where initial geometry is affected by hidden/shown UI elements.
- Fixed handling of multi-file input on -e/–command (e.g. -e foo *.txt).
- File->Quit now replaced by safer “File->Close Window”.
- Fixed build with GTK+ 3.0.
- Fixed wrong window size on startup.
The 0.1.10 fixed the fake transparency of LXterminal but it broke transparency when using compiz. This release fixes this issue, it also fixes a small cosmetic bug with the number of visible lines on netbook computers.
Get the file at sourceforge.net: lxterminal-0.1.11.tar.gz, sha1: 3914c8e0552f7b8e1e32fde69244f90c16072df4
84506b1 fix desynchonization of terminal index and notebook index (fixes #3372388)
6d11a3c solve rgba composite problems. (fixed SF#3376800)
Our fast and small terminal application is out in a new version. Mostly a minor update. However there is a Known bug in this release, the fake transperancy was restored but on the other hand transparancy with compiz was broken, the patch for compiz is trivial but to not hurt fake transperancy it is not trivial. See the bug report for further information.
Get the file at sourceforge.net: lxterminal-0.1.10.tar.gz, sha1: c9534697e549b676a615a83fb0addbb1860fe84d
04809ea add tilde to word selection (closes LP#720758)
819a07b fixed link error on fedora /usr/bin/ld: lxterminal.o: undefined reference to symbol ‘XGetWMNormalHints’ /usr/bin/ld: note: ‘XGetWMNormalHints’ is defined in DSO /usr/lib64/libX11.so.6 so try adding it to the linker command line
e73ba4a GtkNotebookPage fix: Use GtkWidget instead according to GTK3 document.
d6f3732 debian: update to build from source
158a202 debian: add missing files
cb09d55 debian: update with current directory used in Debian
442b13b use another way to calculate base_width and base_height
5ce88dc if gtk3 is used, vte pkgconfig is now vte-2.90, that allow to have gtk2 and gtk3 version installed at the same time. the configure checks must match that difference
97edc77 Don’t use GDK_WINDOW_DESTROYED
65c0562 Use gtk_widget_get_window
10072e9 Use visual instead of colormap
bb32c74 Use gtk_dialog_get_content_area
4b4cbed Add an option to compile with gtk3
b4fa19b Use g_object_ref() instead of gtk_rc_style_unref
2ef2aee Use gtk_about_dialog_set_program_name instead of gtk_about_dialog_set_name
51e5c5e Remove deprecated gtk_about_dialog_set_url_hook
fa6d21f Remove deprecated GtkNotebookPage
dce2ffb Fix more-warnings options
d404af8 Add an option to enable more warnings
efeb476 Add INSTALL
b55a739 Add .gitignore
37f805d Update po/LINGUAS
17769e2 Generate po/LINGUAS at build time.
17dead7 Add silent rules
7c9f533 Set opacity to 100% by default.
234e5a9 Fix failure to set working directory over socket when it contains a space (Bug3037363)
2cda6d2 fixed vte failure because of deprecated API