So we had a very ugly crash bug in LXSession 0.4.6, that is fixed but we know that the fix is not complete and there will be a proper 0.4.7 release as soon as possible. This version is at least usable.
Get the file at sourceforge.net: lxsession-0.4.6.1.tar.gz, sha1: ef7f74617f7555f3e292b670099ef44389a9a849
82e5901 Fix crash on start
Back in November last year we released the last version of LXSession ans since then there are mostly minor changes. The feature to not autostart any applications is the exception to that. See the condensed git log below.
Get the file at sourceforge.net: lxsession-0.4.6.tar.gz, sha1: 5f1dd16b15265484554a7a6be4ce0649474f4bdd
THIS RELEASE IS BUSTED, DO NOT USE IT!
8577ac1 fixed autostart
531c3a3 use helper shell script to lock the screen
c5e3c1e debian: Update to build from source
f320a38 debian: update with current directory on Debian
7dfdd58 Add an option to add more warnings instead of using maintainer mode.
b93da91 Add option to compile with GTK3
ad4ba23 Also add link to x11 for lxsession-logout
21f44a4 Link directly to X11
1f8c788 Remove new compiler warnings.
ede8d15 Add additional flags for maintainer mode.
a0cc98b Add information of man pages support
4f4f340 Add some CFLAGS for GTK3 migration
ab66e7e Fix compiler warning
8698201 Add another item to .gitignore
65e831b Add more items to .gitignore
d700b1c Add .gitignore
3ba2ea5 Add some improvement to build system, inspired by patch from ID: 3005712
60da412 gtk3 build fixes (apply patch from ID: 3103279)
34deb02 Add support for not launching autostart programs (patch from ID 3103281)
70c7e52 fixed logscreen issue
PCMan released new LXDE Components and improved settings structure of LXDE.
1. LXInput. This is a config tool used to configure your keyboard and mouse under LXDE.
2. The lxde-settings-daemon: The original lxde-settings is moved from lxde-common to a new separate package and was renamed to lxde-settings-daemon. In addition to the theme, now the settings daemon will configure keyboard and mouse for you. (works with lxinput config tool)
3. lxde-common 0.4: some fixes were done, and unused files are removed. lxde-common is now a noarch, data-only package, and doesn’t contain any binary program in it. The settings daemon is now in lxde-settings-daemon.
4. menu-cache 0.2.5: binaries are now moved to libexec.
5. The original lxsession is deprecated, and will be totally replaced by lxsession-lite since X11 session management is problematic, complicated, and rarely used by applications. GNOME now replaced XSM with dbus, too. So we don’t need that anymore.
It’s well known and well documented that our session manager LXSession Lite suppport the autostart freedesktop.org specs. However, autostart spec is a term for developers and it’s meaningless for our end users. Basically, it provides a way to automatically start some applications after login.
Now this can (partially) be configured through a simple GUI – LXSession Edit.
You can turn on some disabled gnome applications in LXDE with this handy tool.
Also, window manager used in LXDE can be changed with this tool, too (Only lxsession lite is supported, not the deprecated lxsession).
Currently adding and removing application from this startup list is not yet available, but it will be support in the next release.
The package is available here for testing: https://sourceforge.net/project/showfil…
Testers and packagers are wanted!!