After next round of bugfixes next version of LXDE session manager finally came to the release time. We all hope it is more stable and bugless now.
New release tarball download link:
lxsession-0.5.2.tar.xz – SHA1: 00d45cccbdd6fb05c46998671a7c12123a0a2179
Changes since previous release 0.5.1 (see git log for details):
- Corrected connect and emit signals for lxsession-db to fix hanging in some cases.
- Fixed duplicate lxpolkit invocation.
- Updated few translations.
- Added some environment variables for LXQt and Qt support.
- Fixed D-Bus string comparison in lxsession-logout.
- Added ESCAPE key to close the lxsession-logout menu.
- Created lock file to prevent more than one logout dialog.
- Using libunique for lxpolkit and lxclipboard, to avoid launching it twice.
- Fixed gtk3 compilation.
- Few small corrections in the Makefile.
The session manager for LXDE was in long development and it still is. Julien did a lot for it to make it better. It is far from perfection yet but it is usable again and we hope it is a bit better than it was before. Two releases in row – 0.5.0, then fast bugfix next one – 0.5.1.
New release tarball download link:
lxsession-0.5.1.tar.xz – SHA1: 3419802c9e7269093900dd5fd4948acb95dec253
The most noticeable changes since previous stable release 0.4.6.1 (see git log for details):
- Translations updates.
- Added support for reboot and shutdown in LTST client.
- Added support for user switch.
- Added clipboard support, based on Xfce one.
- Added options to launch default applications.
- Rewritten whole lxsession in Vala.
- Implemented a connection to session bus.
- Added ability to change settings by Dbus call, example by keymap configuration.
- Added signal / Dbus for changing window manager.
- Added Dbus method for restarting Xsettings.
- Added Dbus methods for xrandr options.
- Added more details in the desktop.conf example.
- Added GTK, Mouse and Keyboard to the list of settings + Dbus methods to change them.
- Added lxclipboard standalone, and an option to launch it instead of built-in the support.
- Implemented network GUI default application (nm-applet, wicd, etc.).
- Moved in lxpolkit from standalone package.
- Moved in lxsession-edit from standalone package.
- Implemented audio-manager handler support.
- Implemented quit manager support and expose it in Dbus.
- Implemented workspace manager option and expose it in Dbus.
- Implemented launcher manager support and expose it on Dbus.
- Implemented terminal by default support and expose on Dbus.
- Implemented minimal support for inhibition of the screensaver.
- Implemented option to disable autostarted applications on home and system directory.
- Implemented new way of launching windows manager.
- Implemented composite manager handler.
- Rebased lxlock on xflock, and extend it with lightdm and xdg-screensaver.
- Added i3lock support in lxlock.
- Added systemd-logind support.
- Added more options for the disable_autostart option.
- Added an option for screenshot to take only the current window.
- Made lxsession-logout working when lxsession is not running.
- Added lxsession-default utility.
- Added PackageManagerRunning signal and ProxyOption initial commit.
- Increased timeout for lxsession-logout, to make authentification possible.
- Removed conditionnal support for Dbus, it’s now mandatory.
- Added razorqt polkit agent support.
- Added the version to the session name in lxsession-logout.
- Implemented AudioManagerSet.
- Implemented others Get() Set() functions for *_manager.
- Implemented close() and reload() for all Apps.
- Implemented panel control mechanism.
- Implemented a more complex quit_manager.
- Implemented ability to set some custom XDG environment variables.
- Added an ssh-agent option instead of gnome-keyring.
- Added lxterminal conffiles, and enabled the one for xscreensaver.
- Added “support” for libfm in conffiles.
- Implemented Desktop handler.
- Implemented upstart user session option.
- Implemented lxsession-default-apps, the GUI for configuring lxsession.
- Implemented lxsession-db, to build database of available applications by categories.
- Made it possible to set working directory when launching app, and set it for the terminal.
- Added a lxsettings-daemon binary independant from lxsession core.
- Implemented SessionSupport and SessionSupportDetail Dbus interface.
- Removed gee dependencies, use HashTable.
- Fixed lxsession-logout when lsb_release is not available.
- New –disable-gtk flag, which doesn’t build any gtk component at build time.
- Added support for ubuntu appmenu environment variable.
- Added light-locker in lxlock.
- Added support for only reload 5 times applications which are reloaded.
- Added missing man pages for some binaries.
So we had a very ugly crash bug in LXSession 0.4.6, that is fixed but we know that the fix is not complete and there will be a proper 0.4.7 release as soon as possible. This version is at least usable.
Get the file at sourceforge.net: lxsession-0.4.6.1.tar.gz, sha1: ef7f74617f7555f3e292b670099ef44389a9a849
82e5901 Fix crash on start
Back in November last year we released the last version of LXSession ans since then there are mostly minor changes. The feature to not autostart any applications is the exception to that. See the condensed git log below.
Get the file at sourceforge.net: lxsession-0.4.6.tar.gz, sha1: 5f1dd16b15265484554a7a6be4ce0649474f4bdd
THIS RELEASE IS BUSTED, DO NOT USE IT!
8577ac1 fixed autostart
531c3a3 use helper shell script to lock the screen
c5e3c1e debian: Update to build from source
f320a38 debian: update with current directory on Debian
7dfdd58 Add an option to add more warnings instead of using maintainer mode.
b93da91 Add option to compile with GTK3
ad4ba23 Also add link to x11 for lxsession-logout
21f44a4 Link directly to X11
1f8c788 Remove new compiler warnings.
ede8d15 Add additional flags for maintainer mode.
a0cc98b Add information of man pages support
4f4f340 Add some CFLAGS for GTK3 migration
ab66e7e Fix compiler warning
8698201 Add another item to .gitignore
65e831b Add more items to .gitignore
d700b1c Add .gitignore
3ba2ea5 Add some improvement to build system, inspired by patch from ID: 3005712
60da412 gtk3 build fixes (apply patch from ID: 3103279)
34deb02 Add support for not launching autostart programs (patch from ID 3103281)
70c7e52 fixed logscreen issue
PCMan released new LXDE Components and improved settings structure of LXDE.
1. LXInput. This is a config tool used to configure your keyboard and mouse under LXDE.
2. The lxde-settings-daemon: The original lxde-settings is moved from lxde-common to a new separate package and was renamed to lxde-settings-daemon. In addition to the theme, now the settings daemon will configure keyboard and mouse for you. (works with lxinput config tool)
3. lxde-common 0.4: some fixes were done, and unused files are removed. lxde-common is now a noarch, data-only package, and doesn’t contain any binary program in it. The settings daemon is now in lxde-settings-daemon.
4. menu-cache 0.2.5: binaries are now moved to libexec.
5. The original lxsession is deprecated, and will be totally replaced by lxsession-lite since X11 session management is problematic, complicated, and rarely used by applications. GNOME now replaced XSM with dbus, too. So we don’t need that anymore.
It’s well known and well documented that our session manager LXSession Lite suppport the autostart freedesktop.org specs. However, autostart spec is a term for developers and it’s meaningless for our end users. Basically, it provides a way to automatically start some applications after login.
Now this can (partially) be configured through a simple GUI – LXSession Edit.
You can turn on some disabled gnome applications in LXDE with this handy tool.
Also, window manager used in LXDE can be changed with this tool, too (Only lxsession lite is supported, not the deprecated lxsession).
Currently adding and removing application from this startup list is not yet available, but it will be support in the next release.
The package is available here for testing: https://sourceforge.net/project/showfil…
Testers and packagers are wanted!!