Hi all, here comes the latest release of LXPanel – version 0.4.
LXPanel 0.4 screenshot
First I’d like to say sorry because this is not a bug-free release.
Some existing problems are not completely solved yet, but most of the bugs causing crashes were fixed. However, we feel it’s right time to have a new release. The menu-cache library is now stable enough for extensive use in LXDE. This will give us a enhanced and faster application menu and lxlauncher. Later, the lib will be used by pcmanfm, too.
The new features and some important bug fixes really deserves a new release of lxpanel.
So here comes version 0.4.
To use LXPanel 0.4, you’ll also need following packages:
* menu-cache (lib used to parse freedesktop.org menu file and generate menu)
* lxmenu-data (data files used to generate application menu)
* A whole new application menu generated according to freedesktop.org menu spec.
(faster and more standard-compliant. has tooltips for menu items)
* Enhanced “Run” dialog.
* Auto-resize of application launcher buttons when panel size gets changed.
* Some important critical bug fixes.
* The problematic netstat plugin is now turned off by default. It will be moved to a separate project later.
* Building dynamic panel plugins outside the source tree of lxpanel is now possible.
* and more…
Some bugs are not yet fixed and we know that. We’ll do our best to fixed them later.
* Fix icon display problems under 64-bit systems.
* Fixes to work with minimization animation provided by window manager.
* Fix RTL problems of the task list.
* Launch console applications in terminal properly
* Some minor bug fixes
* Add some new translations
Please install menu-cache and lxmenu-data first. Otherwise you’ll get
no application menu.
We haven’t have new releases of LXPanel for quite a long time, but the development is still ongoing.
* Greatly rewrite application menu with our new menu-cache library. Now it’s complete and more user-friendly
* Improved “Run” dialog
* Improved OSS volume plugin
* Image showed on application menu button can be changed with GUI.
* Add new temperature monitor plugin by Daniel Kesler
* Size of icons now can automatically be automatically adjusted according to the height of the panel.
* Numerous bug fixes and more…
Please get it tested since lxpanel 0.4 will be released very soon.
Note that to make the whole new menu work correctly, now menu-cache and lxmenu-data are needed. LXPanel source tarball