Next generation of LXNM (Lightweight Network Manager) is still under development right now, You guys can see the prototype which was implemented in SVN already. In the future, LXNM will provide some programs includes lxnm daemon, utility which is a command line program to make control of all kind of networking devices be unified into only one utility, a LXPanel plugin and a standalone applet for running without LXPanel.
So the project will has three parts to be maintained:
1. lxnm (LXNM Daemon and command line utility – lxnetctl)
2. lxpanel-netstat (LXPanel plugin)
3. lxnm-applet (standalone applet)
For the current version in SVN, lxnm can be working now, we can using lxnetctl utility to connect to lxnm daemon to control our networking devices and get informations include ethernet and wireless interface.
BTW, I am now working on lxnm-applet to implement a graphical LXNM client to display and control network devices.
Besides, in the future, LXNM will provide a library to make easy to write a new LXNM client(eg, lxnm-applet) for developer.
It’s a new applet for lxpanel which will be a keyboard layout switcher. The original one in lxpanel is broken, and will be removed. The new one will be based on libxlavier, a good library handling xkb. However, we’re from Taiwan, and we don’t know how keyboard layouts work. So help is needed. If you’re a developer living in Europe or some other places requiring switching between different keyboard layouts, please help. (PCMan)
Hi all, here comes the latest release of LXPanel – version 0.4.
First I’d like to say sorry because this is not a bug-free release.
Some existing problems are not completely solved yet, but most of the bugs causing crashes were fixed. However, we feel it’s right time to have a new release. The menu-cache library is now stable enough for extensive use in LXDE. This will give us a enhanced and faster application menu and lxlauncher. Later, the lib will be used by pcmanfm, too.
The new features and some important bug fixes really deserves a new release of lxpanel.
So here comes version 0.4.
To use LXPanel 0.4, you’ll also need following packages:
* menu-cache (lib used to parse freedesktop.org menu file and generate menu)
* lxmenu-data (data files used to generate application menu)
* A whole new application menu generated according to freedesktop.org menu spec.
(faster and more standard-compliant. has tooltips for menu items)
* Enhanced “Run” dialog.
* Auto-resize of application launcher buttons when panel size gets changed.
* Some important critical bug fixes.
* The problematic netstat plugin is now turned off by default. It will be moved to a separate project later.
* Building dynamic panel plugins outside the source tree of lxpanel is now possible.
* and more…
Some bugs are not yet fixed and we know that. We’ll do our best to fixed them later.
* Fix icon display problems under 64-bit systems.
* Fixes to work with minimization animation provided by window manager.
* Fix RTL problems of the task list.
* Launch console applications in terminal properly
* Some minor bug fixes
* Add some new translations
Please install menu-cache and lxmenu-data first. Otherwise you’ll get
no application menu.
We haven’t have new releases of LXPanel for quite a long time, but the development is still ongoing.
* Greatly rewrite application menu with our new menu-cache library. Now it’s complete and more user-friendly
* Improved “Run” dialog
* Improved OSS volume plugin
* Image showed on application menu button can be changed with GUI.
* Add new temperature monitor plugin by Daniel Kesler
* Size of icons now can automatically be automatically adjusted according to the height of the panel.
* Numerous bug fixes and more…
Please get it tested since lxpanel 0.4 will be released very soon.
Note that to make the whole new menu work correctly, now menu-cache and lxmenu-data are needed. LXPanel source tarball