The “Software Liberty Asscocation of Taiwan” (SLAT) is featuring the LXDE community during ICOS 2009 – International Conference on Open Source in Taipei in September 2009.
Taiwan is the place of LXDE’s birth. And most of the LXDE core developers are based in Taiwan. We are inviting LXDE developers to this event, which is co-organized by LXDE core member Andrew Lee.
PCMan: ” I think it’s a good opportunity to have a LXDE developer gathering or CodeFest.”
So, please join us in Taipei from September 25-27. Participants may get accommodation and food sonsorship. Remember to add your name to the dedicated wiki-page if you are joining us. Please also send a separate email with your information to apply for sonsorship to andrew AT linux.org.tw.
- Date: 25th-27th September 2009
- Location: ICOS2009 Venue, No.235, Sec. 2, Fuxing S. Rd., Da-an Dist., Taipei City 106, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
Transport and Weather
- Airport: Closest airport is Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport(TPE). And Taipei Songshan Airport(IATA) if you are from China
- Airport Buses: Adult single fares vary from NT$110 to $140, approximately 60mins from Airport to Taipei Main Station.
- Train: Closet train station is Taipei Main Station.
- MRT: You can switch to MRT from Buses or Train via Taipei Main Station. The closest MRT station is Technology Building Station. RouteMap.
- Weather: cwb.gov.tw