As stated in previous posts, LXAppearance is currently being rewritten. Today, the rewrite is finished.
Now LXAppearance becomes the most feature-rich Gnome-free gtk+ theme changer.
Let’s see a screenshot:
If the gtk+ theme you use supports color schemes, such as Clearlooks, you can customize these colors in LXAppearance, just like what you can do in gnome-appearance-properties.
Later, LXAppearance2 will replace LXAppearance and move to lxappearance git repository.
Main features of LXApppearance2:
- Depends on gtk+ only. Can work completely without gnome.
- Friendly and Gnome HIG compliant user interface
- Provides real-time preview of the selected themes
- Changes icon theme
- Changes cursor theme in a almost desktop independent way.
- Supports color schemes. You can change the color used by themes if the themes support gtk color scheme.
- Able to install/remove icon and cursor themes in a user-friendly way
- Provides additional options for gtk toolbars
- Able to turn off event sound provided by libcanberra-gtk-module.
- Changes default font used by gtk+ applications
- Although this is a LXDE component, it works perfectly well outside LXDE and it has no LXDE dependencies.
To get the latest source code in development:
git clone git://lxde.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/lxde/lxappearanceIf you’re a happy user and you want to donate, my PayPal account is email@example.com.
Please get it heavily tested and give some feedbacks. Patches is also welcomed.