A picture is worth a thousands words so again let’s see the screenshot first.
This is the Qt port of PCManFM with desktop management feature turned on. The desktop icons and the wallpaper were painted by PCManFM-Qt, just like the gtk+ version of the original PCManFM. The new Qt port is in a pretty good shape now.
Although it’s not yet ready for production use, it’s almost there. About 85% of the planned features are finished.
What already works:
- Nearly all folder browsing features
- Change icon theme
- Preferences dialog (most options work)
- Load/save settings
- Single instance + dbus service
- Command line options
- Desktop icon manager: enable with “pcmanfm-qt –desktop”. You can add “pcmanfm-qt –desktop” to the startup script of your desktop environment/window manager.
- Change wallpapers via “Desktop Preferences” dialog
- Mount remote filesystems and removable devices (requires gvfs)
- Split into pcmanfm-qt and libfm-qt library.
- Install libfm-qt header files to /usr/includ/libfm-qt along with a pkgconfig file, so later libfm-qt can be used in other Qt programs
- Most file operations, move/copy/symlink/trash/rename, change file attributes in the file properties dialog.
- Basic drag and drop support (very basic)
Things which do not work or are still work in progress:
- Create new folders/files
- Edit bookmarks
- Auto-mount/auto-run for removable devices
- No thumbnail support yet. (This may require some changes of the upstream libfm library)
- No ABI version (libtool soname not set yet)
- No translations yet (Qt Linguist and the *.ts files are hard to work with and lack features I need, I consider using GNU gettext instead)
Also noted that the git repository is now moved to:
The original libfm-qt repo will be removed later.
The binary program pcmanfm-qt and the library libfm-qt.so are bundled in the same package.
Please help test and give some comments.
If anyone is interested in helping the development, patches are welcomed.
We made a poop here. First we pushed 1.0.2 of PCManFM and libfm, that was busted and needed an adjustment. At the same time we debated the version numbering things and as we had to do a new release we decided to bump the version number to hilight the fact that there are hundreds and hundreds of changes in these two releases. 1.1.0 is more like a bug fix to the 1.0.2 but also bumps the version. Happy file managing everyone =)
Main changes in PCManFM 1.1.0 (since 1.0.1)
- Corrected underscores (mnemonics) on every menu and dialog.
- Migrated to new libfm APIs for simplification.
- Fixed GTK+ 3.0 compatibility problems. Added switch –with-gtk=N to configure script where N is GTK+ version: 2 or 3. Default is 2.
- Added option ‘Treat backup files as hidden’ into ‘Display’ tab of the preferences dialog and ‘Use Application Startup Notify by default’ into ‘Advanced’ tab. Both have effect with libfm 1.0.2 or newer.
- Added rintime option ‘–new-win’ to open new window instead of new tab when started with some directory name.
- Added runtime option ‘–role’ to set WM_WINDOW_ROLE property which can be used by window manager to do arrangement of window. Works only if option ‘–new-win’ is also used.
- Added search engine support. Works if compiled with libfm-gtk >= 1.0.2.
- The items which cannot act (such as “Copy” when no items selected) now are disabled in menu and toolbar.
Main changes in libfm 1.1.0 (since 1.0.1)
- Added ‘no_usb_trash’ option into config file, defaulted to 0, which defines whether skip trashing files on removable media or not. If defined to skip then files will go into “trash-unsupported” and user will be asked by fm_file_ops_job_run_with_progress() to remove them instead.
- Added ‘no_child_non_expandable’ option into config file, defaulted to 0, which adds feature to hide expanders on non-expandable rows so no extra ‘No Sub Folder’ rows are shown. No automation on that is done still since it may be expensive sometimes.
- Corrected underscores (mnemonics) on every menu and dialog.
- Fixed GTK+ 3.0 compatibility problems. Libfm can be compiled with Gtk 2.18 … 3.x and Glib 2.22+ currently (if glib < 2.26 or vala < 0.13 still requires run configure –disable-actions). Added new switch to configure script –with-gtk=N where N is GTK+ generation to be used, may be either 2 or 3. Default is 2.
- Enabled option to Unmount removable media without ejecting it.
- Migrated menu:// support into built-in VFS. There will be support for menu editing functions later.
- Added search engine. Supports search:// URIs and has the UI represented by API fm_launch_search_simple().
- Full name in Icon View mode now shown in tooltip while long names are placed under icons in truncated form.
- Added ability to change columns of view. Works only for Detailed List View in FmStandardView widget for now. Implementation for other modes and widgets will come later on demand.
- Added a FmSortMode enumerator (similar to GtkSortType) with few modes specific fo file manager (ascending/descending is one of new modes).
- Sorting set/get functions moved from FmFolderView into FmFolderModel. Sorting isn’t remembered by implementations of FmFolderView anymore so application should set sorting explicitly after creation of new FmFolderModel instance. Previously FmFolderView remembered it and no explicit setting was required.
- A lot of lesser bugfixes.
pcmanfm-1.1.0.tar.gz, sha1: 8c780b79d2b29bc04660c5c929e1ce314ba9a5a4
libfm-1.1.0.tar.gz, sha1: 552cc85bb50aae7d5620419694c6d566015bde10
Changelog for libfm without merges and translation commits
* c868bf3 – Release v.1.0.2.
* 9a2991c – Bump abi revision num before release.
* 5e6df27 – Make fm_bookmark* API thread-capable with help of GMutex.
* 46a674c – [#3580999]FmBookmarkItem should have reference counter.
* 07dfa37 – [#3580999]The change in bookmarks should be propagaded.
* 024fa13 – [#3580979]Don’t recurse into directory on deletion again.
* 8bf1fbb – [#3577013]Workaround on strange ExoIconView bug with GTK-3.4.2.
* af41a0c – Rename fm_folder_model_col_by_name into fm_folder_model_get_col_by_name.
* 98f99ad – Fix on workaround of menu-cache bug in menu:// VFS.
* 1ed3429 – Update on .gitignore: two generated files were missed.
* c51d537 – Replacing deprecated API fm_folder_view_sort() in libfm-demo.
* 74498dd – g_timeout_add() callbacks should contain g_source_is_destroyed() test.
* 00d414d – The ‘#include ‘ was missed in src/base/fm-file.c.
* 091c841 – [#3578780]Fix for GtkTreeView bug leading to selection reset on click.
* 7acd04c – Update for NEWS file on changes in FmFolderView sort handling.
* edc9f40 – Few definitions missed a keyword static while they were meant to be ones.
* a29d960 – Removing leftovers from old data: fm_mutex_menucache.
* dc25ba3 – Fix for fm_folder_view_sort() with type -1.
* b0241bf – Don’t set any defaults on context menu sorting.
* 51b4f7a – Sort change by folder context menu was broken.
* 97cb38a – ‘Paste’ should be visible only in context menu for single directory.
* 25938a9 – [#3576910]Corrected text size in Thumbnails View mode.
* d6e75ff – [#3568358]Changed behavior of right-click in Detailed List View.
* 7610233 – [#3572032]Removed preliminary pushing requests into ready_queue.
* a840fc6 – [#3576649]Fixed keys handling with rigth-to-left layout.
* d75fca1 – [#3576910]Reverted back text spacing in icon view.
* 9cecf78 – Added 6 more pixels to rendered text width in icon view, it looks better so.
* 9af4d83 – Implemented setting of icon view cell size according to icon size.
* 43b03fe – [#3576450]Added file gtk/fm-sortable.h missing on install.
* 21a3675 – Set anchor item if the cursor is set.
* 9706364 – Fixed double-click on ExoTreeView (see bug http://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6230)
* cff1a92 – Updated documentation for new column APIs.
* 877a86f – Cosmetic changes in fm-folder-model.h, fm-sortable.h, fm-standard-view.c.
* f5c79c4 – Fixed crash on pixbuf renderer which was unreferenced already.
* cf8c425 – libfm-demo now shows search window with column ‘Location’.
* 441db50 – Implemented _fm_standard_view_get_columns() internal API.
* 123b4a7 – Cosmetic change if -> switch in on_btn_pressed().
* 58436fc – Fixed possible vulnerabilities in name<->mode conversion in FmStandardView.
* dc9e3ea – Removed duplicate columns list from FmStandardView.
* f8385da – Replaced deprecated COL_FILE_* with FM_FOLDER_MODEL_COL_*.
* a159b4f – Added fm_folder_view_set_columns and fm_folder_view_get_columns APIs.
* c975f93 – Creation of default columns for Detailed View mode postponed a bit.
* a1df829 – set_sort and get_sort aren’t used in FmFolderViewInterface.
* 7ff5dcf – Changed args for fm_standard_view_set_columns, it uses GSList now.
* c66ac4f – Moved FmStandardViewColumnInfo into fm-folder-view.h.
* 72174c3 – Added model arg for fm_folder_model_col_get_title and fm_folder_model_col_is_sortable.
* b7eda03 – Renamed fm_folder_model_col_from_str into fm_folder_model_col_by_name.
* 34d9cf1 – Renamed fm_folder_model_col_to_str into fm_folder_model_col_get_name.
* 5f50a94 – Renamed FmFolderModelSortMode into FmSortMode due to fm-sortable.h.
* eb6922b – Moved FM_FOLDER_MODEL_SORT_ stuff into separate file.
* e1b4888 – Converted fm_folder_model_get_sort_mode into fm_folder_model_get_sort.
* 6f46fb8 – Renamed fm_folder_model_sort into fm_folder_model_set_sort.
* 03cda56 – Made FM_FOLDER_MODEL_SORT_ASCENDING and FM_FOLDER_MODEL_SORT_DESCENDING mutually exclusive.
* 1906c3d – Disabled FM_FOLDER_MODEL_SORT_FOLDER_FIRST flag for now.
* cca0c3c – Restored old order of FmFolderModelCol for compatibility.
* 1eff671 – Fixed invalid indexing of column_infos.
* 3fcac19 – Implement correct sorting behavior according to FmFolderModelSortMode flags.
* 1c1df3f – * Use FmFolderViewColInfo struct to store column information. * Add fm_folder_model_sort() and unify sort mode flags.
* 235f1b1 – Add some new APIs to manipulate columns of FmStandardView with detailed list mode.
* b8033a6 – Simplify conversion between some enum values and strings.
* 2cb17fe – Add GType for enums, so we can use them to do conversion between strings and values.
* 7b048c5 – Add fm_folder_model_get_column_title() and prepare for supporting FM_FOLDER_MODEL_COL_DIRNAME.
* c676bc9 – Rename FmFolderModelViewCol to FmFolderModelCol and make the enum values namespaced. Add fm_path_compare().
* 004d727 – Corrected documentation on FmDirListJob::files-found signal.
* 8277a15 – [#3575403]Added a workaround if “folder-locked” icon isn’t avilable.
* c3d2211 – [#3575354]Fixed incorrect usage of g_main_current_source() in clear_src_cache().
* 2515221 – Fixed GTK3 cell size estimations in FmCellRendererText.
* 6e533ee – A little fix over previous commit.
* 70c96a0 – [#3575130]Added support for OpenWith… on mixed selection.
* bccbd07 – Fixed incorrect cleanup of temp. appinfo file.
* dde8f30 – [#3575096]Fixed problems with “Open with…” on files of different mime types.
* a718252 – [#3574931]Fixed display of current file in progress dialog window.
* a1bab88 – [#3574926]Added missing gtk_window_set_transient_for() calls.
* 30093d4 – [#3574371]Fixed update of view on rename at remote folder.
* c428a70 – Ouch, I was too hasty in last commit. Fixing now.
* fe3bd0d – Fixed wrong ‘locked’ flag setting in FrmThumbnailTask.
* 820185a – Added support for escaped “\&” in search patterns.
* a441318 – FmPathEntry was still not always correct so fixed.
* 43cd39e – Fixed incorrect text conversions in FmPathEntry.
* 199554a – Commented out a debug message which will be annoyance otherwise.
* c7f1c87 – [#3514505]Fixed escaping of subpaths on remote URIs.
* 585a60a – Fixed infinite loop in search job.
* fb1703e – Fixed idle callbacks in multithreaded environment.
* 5f156f5 – Fixed incorrect flags usage in src/gtk/fm-thumbnail.c.
* 51ed615 – Fixed a little incorrectness in 47e062a.
* b716d03 – Fix DSO linking for tests
* bf1b55f – Fixed possible binary incompatibilities with 1.0.1.
* 47e062a – File menu: shadow ‘Paste’ if clipboard is empty.
* 4782de1 – Don’t fail on valac if compiling from dist tarball.
* fe9a9da – Implemented “max-height” property for FmCellRendererText.
* e7c78b7 – Added tooltip for icon name (closes #3572974).
* b3ca375 – Added “filter-changed” signal to FmFolderView (bouncer from FmFolderModel).
* 350d7d2 – Removed “UTF8_STRING” from list of valid targets for Paste.
* a18c4b5 – Added signal “filter-changed” for FmFolderModel.
* ffab4b1 – Fixed installation with –disable-actions (https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=436058)
* a8ac2bd – Removed debug leftovers.
* 6df33df – Added workaround on buggy menu_cache_get_dir_from_path().
* fdb3340 – Fixed FmPathEntry completion bugs (closes #3572499 too).
* 9dd239d – One more fix (sorry!) on the same.
* f8656bd – Fixed errors from commit on fm_get_home_dir.
* 816e600 – Added gdk_threads_enter/leave into callback on_thumbnail_loaded().
* ac1a538 – Added an assertion into src/gtk/fm-thumbnail.c.
* 361b194 – Implemented fm_get_home_dir based on docs for usage of g_get_home_dir().
* 7ad80ef – Updated file libfm-sections.txt.
* a26e531 – Make vertical spacing adaptive (closes #3475655).
* 54483e4 – Removed extra unneeded variable from fm_file_info_set_from_native_file().
* 969cf8c – Fixed setting display name in fm_file_info_set_from_native_file() (closes #3105153).
* 379845f – Added support for opening files in trash; works with gvfs >= 1.13.3.
* 18662e5 – Changed internal URI format (closes #3565833).
* 3bba068 – Reverted fix in src/gtk/fm-path-entry.c, it crashes in another place.
* bc9fb54 – Macro fm_path_is_virtual() declared deprecated.
* 28b5def – Added support for Gtk+ text targets for FmDndSrc (closes #3502577).
* 5bb9bb6 – Fixed untranslateable search UI.
* 79d8d52 – Added workaround on ExoTreeView bug (closes #3570676).
* d409973 – Fixed compilation errors (closes #3570675).
* 012b942 – Fixed incorrect menu translation init.
* 7f7a949 – pot file update
* 542b6e9 – A little correction on icon setting in fm_file_info_set_from_gfileinfo()
* 19aa231 – Added back reverted test for incremental folder.
* ec45e2b – Updated POTFILES.
* 1614369 – Added search menu item into libfm-demo.
* 65258b3 – Moved search UI fm_launch_search_simple() into src/gtk/fm-gtk-file-launcher.c.
* 0825d32 – Moved search UI from pcmanfm.
* c06074a – Updated to tag 1.0.2~alpha1.
* 042a92f – Renamed fm_folder_model_refilter into fm_folder_model_apply_filters.
* 0e9283d – Remove unnecessary code.
* ad42352 – Add fm_folder_model_add_filter(), fm_folder_model_remove_filter(), and fm_folder_model_refilter(). Reimplement fm_folder_model_set_show_hidden with the new filter APIs.
* f11c205 – Reverted unwanted changes back.
* d9604ee – It works now but should be merged with ‘fm-file’ to work.
* 8af75f3 – Draft of VFS search:// – other parts are in ‘fm-file’ branch.
* 3c6ff45 – Moved fm-search-job files into vfs/fm-vfs-search.
* 8fc0813 – Fixed compilation warnings.
* 44b9b0b – Fix broken searching parameters min_mtime and max_mtime. Remove some unnecessary debug messages.
* 6a07fd0 – Change search URI parameters for min and max mtime.
* 2bc28e7 – A trivial fix.
* 35be4b0 – Slightly improve mime-type based file searching. Accept types ended with /*.
* 00ad400 – Finish file content-based search (including regexp support).
* f48e9ad – Add fm_folder_is_incremental(). Some little fixes.
* e0226d8 – Support search:// URI to perform file searching.
* 13a9fcc – Merge branch ‘master’ into search
* b54b688 – Delete unnecessary files.
* f06e36e – type search more generic
* 3ff21c8 – fixed content search; use gio type comparison
* 8f25e47 – ginputstream content reworked
* 88940ea – pcmanref/unref, utf content search
* bc05496 – cancelable content search
* a0905db – fixed cancel button; fnmatch->strstr for content;some crash fixes
* e515e1a – fixed bugs; added modified time search
* 8307c27 – fixed files-added signal
* 8114a5f – added emiting file-added
* ed17a91 – Work on UI
* 4efa864 – fixed build error, added UI work
* 41b0dbc – folder view; work on rules funcs
* ece8f38 – removed old function
* 0e57b37 – added customizable rules system
* 86252fa – schedule update, fix build problems from git
* c56f2e1 – file size checking
* 85e4f1e – case sensitive toggle
* ef8b729 – fnmatch, added fnmatch and checking types to demo
* a1db2ff – regex option and toggles in demo
* 6084f0d – improved demo; attempt mime checking; hidden and recursive toggles
* 5d6d5d0 – hidden file and recurisve toggles; FmFileSearch(Job) interface work
* 18b3b22 – error checking in job
* 209176d – error checking; work on GFileInputStream content search
* d49d104 – mmap content search
* 36dc387 – GFileInputStream content search; unref in job
* ba7223a – gfile and gfileinfo
* 8255bb7 – debuging
* cc66eef – debuging
* 53b446e – work on cli test; work on file search job; debuging
* 33476d7 – work on file search job
* 13ceca2 – added basic finalize function
* f9e2cd9 – first commit
* a0fd4bb – Added FM_CHECK_VERSION macro into fm.h file.
* c4f3375 – Fixed new warnings in configure script.
* a7e7db1 – Added workaround for g_thread_unref() crash.
* e7f4e8a – Fixed invalid menu enumeration.
* 43c3645 – Fixed incorrect resetting of fi->mime_type.
* 6944bbc – Both libfm-gtk.pc and libfm-gtk3.pc should be installed.
* bf318c7 – Don’t install HTML docs if run with –disable-gtk-doc
* 129c84e – Fixed mime-type handling in fm_file_info_set_from_gfileinfo.
* 925107e – Fixed a small portability issue.
* 347dda5 – Yet one more fix on cleanup on install.
* f5aaa6f – Fixed enumerator creation in menu:// VFS.
* 24cae06 – Fixed SIGSEGV if g_file_get_child() failed on copy op.
* 0ef157d – Added fm_run_in_default_main_context() API to fm-utils.
* bdc3c1e – Enforced menu-cache API to run in main loop context.
* 1ff49b9 – To pass only path from uri to constructor is silly so fixed.
* 4326118 – Fixed incorrect cleanup on install.
* 3cb91a6 – Corrected arg of wants_incremental: FmFile -> GFile.
* 1357593 – POTFILES update for src/vfs/fm-vfs-menu.c
* bdd088f – Removed stale ‘#include ‘.
* e014c6f – Implemented VFS for menu:// – functionality is basic as before.
* cb9cbe1 – Implemented new API fm_file_add_vfs() to register VFS.
* 1fa71e3 – Implemented new GInterface: FmFile – for VFS extentions.
* f23dde9 – Added workaround on hit test while loading view (closes #3390778).
* 0317b82 – Added support for special dirs icons (the same way as GLib does).
* 0aa6e76 – Updated rest of developers documentation.
* 94805e3 – Added missing gdk_threads_enter/leave into idle callback in fm-standard-view.
* c992ca8 – Fixed compiler warnings on libfm-demo.
* 88d4a11 – fixed few gtk-doc warnings.
* 7ee391d – Sealed details of FmPath and FmThumbnailer; updated developers documentation.
* 019062e – Sealed details of FmMimeType; updates in developers documentation.
* b39a09f – Redesigned FmNavHistory a bit.
* 825dfe8 – Enabled option to Unmount removable media (closes #3538822 and bunch of other reports).
* 0353922 – Yet one more ExoIconView rubberbanding fix.
* 9d013f8 – Fixed error in libfm-gtk3.pc.in.
* 6ea0e1f – Fixed broken multithreaded biuld.
* 55d281f – Implemented new API fm_folder_view_set_active().
* 4fbfe72 – Fixed Gtk+2 compatibility issues.
* 34d03a8 – Eliminated Gtk 3.4 compiler warnings on library.
* ee20d54 – Added option –with-gtk to configure to choose 2/3/no.
* b6d3148 – Fixed search window positioning in ExoIconView.
* 2806e2f – Fixed name of fm_file_info_get_collate_key_nocasefold() API.
* bfb0603 – Added simple versioning of installed headers path.
* 5ac7857 – Removed ‘\r’ from URI generated from path (closes #3564414).
* 92befeb – Disabled completion for paths like /usr/ (closes #3543800).
* bc60cf2 – Thumbnail generation optimized a lot.
* 40a066c – Added fm_file_info_collate_key_nocasefold() API for case-sensitive sorting.
* ec211f5 – Fixed Gtk-warning with gtk2.
* ecde497 – Fixed scrolling when compiled with Gtk+3.
* 2acc82b – Made it compilable and working with GTK+3. Scrolling doesn’t work yet.
* 8ceee2d – Updated GDK_ keys with GDK_KEY_ ones.
* 686fd3f – Fixed the rubberbanding draw in icon view (was broken by last commit).
* 04e0bf9 – Removed deprecated and sealed from gtk/exo/*.
* 7d9c129 – Moved some code from fm_folder_view_item_clicked() into fm_launch_paths().
* 9198b1e – Fixed incorrect “data-get” callback from FmStandardView.
* b3194be – Migrated FmStandardView to new API fm_dnd_dest_new_with_handlers().
* 43baef9 – Fixed incorrect calls sequence in on_drag_motion in fm-places-view.c
* 1d7738c – fm_dnd_dest_get_default_action() should alwas query sources (closes #3563001:1)
* 50255bf – Migrated FmPlacesView to new API fm_dnd_dest_new_with_handlers().
* 19b63d2 – A little cleanup in on_drag_data_get() FmDndSrc handler.
* c12523d – Some cleanup on FmDndDest handlers.
* fef73ba – Added FM_DND_*_RESERVED* numbers: don’t use them until ABI bump!
* dc806ba – Fixed incorrect sequence of removal in last commit.
* 4840a0f – Dir tree feature: hide expanders on non-expandable rows (closes #3537328).
* c293b4d – Cleanup around fm_default_dnd_src_targets.
* 1e91243 – Adding to “unsupported” was missed in commit 00dc3de
* e6ec276 – Optimization and cleanup on fm_default_dnd_dest_targets.
* f49e2c5 – Implemented an option ‘no_usb_trash’ (closes #3528099).
* 4b57942 – Updated usage of APIs that went deprecated in GLib 2.32.
* 14370dd – Corrected underscored strings everywhere.
Changelog for PCManFM without merges and translation commits
* 21fa6fc – [#3582133]Compatibility fix for GTK < 2.21.
* 7a10e54 – Release v.1.0.2.
* 7cd0d79 – Remove libtoolize from autogen.sh: the pcmanfm doesn’t use libtool.
* 1009f57 – [#3578503]The variable set_wallpaper should be freed after usage.
* 2c44bfa – [#3579666]If su_cmd failed then open preferences dialog as well.
* 08c4ba2 – [#3580592]Handle ‘Enter’ key to open desktop item.
* add1a71 – Adding file .gitignore.
* 81b5c5f – The ‘#include “gseal-gtk-compat.h”‘ was missed in src/main-win.c.
* b436896 – [#3578794]Quickfix for history dropdown menu.
* aabb312 – Apply sorting on model instead of view if compiled with libfm >= 1.0.2.
* 81638f1 – Fix for: Gtk-WARNING **: Radio group does not contain an action with value ‘-1′
* 2ae9055 – The ‘Desktop Preferences’ string appeared untranslated in desktop popup.
* a7a1dee – Fixed invalid items layout on non-first monitor.
* 9be3438 – Corrected shortkeys for Thumbnail and Compact View.
* ade5f61 – [#3577161]Fixed wrong preferences pages enum – added PREF_LAYOUT.
* 4d66939 – [#3577014]Fixed incorrect cursor restoring: was on wrong widget.
* b4f9585 – Fixed solid color desktop background set with GTK3.
* 9880c79 – Fixed invalid cast from `GtkColorButton’ to `GtkFontButton’.
* 421fb70 – Fixed one-color background filling; was broken after 1.0.1.
* 36f8e15 – Fixed untranslated key nav. window and context menu additions.
* 3ca6bd0 – Removed check for libmenu-cache, it isn’t used by PCManFM.
* db99c94 – autorun: Pass root of mounted device to launched app (#3575428)
* bc132e3 – Implemented side pane hiding.
* a906053 – Experimental implementation of option –one-screen (see #3570956).
* f9c62c1 – Fixed ShowHidden sync between context and main menus.
* c1341e4 – Added two missing tooltips.
* 91982db – Added updating menu state (disable unavailable items).
* 965fdec – Added a small info window with navigation keys (closes #3557511).
* a861bb2 – pot file update
* d289856 – Added ‘TwinPane’ unused dummy action.
* 6daaf80 – Updated to libfm fm_launch_search_simple() API.
* 45c0755 – Moved search UI files into libfm.
* f2e13d0 – Few adaptations to libfm; 1.0.2~alpha1. Search UI should be moved to libfm later.
* 3cd4c49 – Primitive support for searching files based on mtime. Polishing UI.
* 48be498 – Little adjustment of UI. Support searching based on file types and sizes.
* 5743328 – Remove generated files.
* 3ac196d – Readded filesearch.glade to data/ui/Makefile.am
* f5eb879 – Integrate work done during Google SoC 2010.
* 9d1f532 – Remove unnecessary files and integrates deliverables of GSoc 2010.
* 5226ffd – fixed missing function
* 40feae9 – type search more generic
* 81d6394 – pcmanref/unref, utf content search
* e36c873 – Popup menu for files
* 1cd2473 – cancelable content search
* 74a0509 – fixed cancel button; fnmatch->strstr for content;some crash fixes
* fb26a00 – fixed bugs; added modified time search
* d88aeab – fixed file size search
* 380ca44 – fixed potfiles.in; work on file size search ui
* 58f3e58 – Work on UI
* 608d024 – Added support for FM_CHECK_VERSION macro to be able use it.
* c5b0601 – Fixed crash on start (closes #3568625).
* 1f5f38a – Small improvements for debug mode compilation.
* e4f3eba – Fixed compilation problem with newer libfm.
* 92d36ca – Change focus to folder view after selection on side pane (closes #3531696).
* 8acbbc2 – Simplified pcmanfm_run() replacing fm_launch_files_simple with fm_launch_paths_simple.
* bc99152 – Fixed args passed to single instance.
* 86ef20e – Corrected text that is shown with –help (closes #3561697).
* 024eff7 – Added runtime option ‘–role’ (see #3453052).
* 2873a0f – Added new runtime option –new-win.
* 37236e6 – Added support for options force_startup_notify and backup_as_hidden.
* 203520a – Added configure option –with-gtk.
* c8401c0 – Made it buildable with Gtk+-3.0.
* 38459ae – Eliminated deprecated calls.
* 3f8714d – FmMainView migrated to new FmFolderView API.
* e85f73e – FmDesktop migrated to FmFolderView and Cairo APIs.
* 62e7953 – Corrected mnemonics (underscores) in dialogs and menus.
* fbce80c – Fix for left pane of pref. dialog (closes #3561700).
Repost from mailing list.
“It has come to this.
tldr; pootle.lxde.bsnet.se will cease to exist in 12 hours time is offline now. new server and new URL will be available later.
At Wednesday the hosting for the current Pootle setup will end. (Thanks a bunch to RSN, the student union in Blekinge, Sweden and the Swedish University Network!)
I will turn off the services later tonight The services are offline and I did salvage the data and hopefully have stuff running tonight or something. It really depends on what obstacles I might hit during the ride. Yes I should have done this months ago but other stuff came across…
The URL for the Pootle instance will change, no doubt. Hopefully I can get a landing page at the old URL pointing out the change but I am not sure about that yet.”
UPDATES WILL FOLLOW!
Main changes in PCManFM 1.0.1 (since 1.0).
- Implemented basic multi-monitor support.
- Implemented toggling fullscreen mode via ‘F11′ key press.
- Added tab ‘Layout’ into Preferences dialog.
- Few lesser bugfixes.
Main changes in libfm 1.0.1 (since 1.0)
- Fixed slowness on loading and changing of very large folders.
- FmFolderView is converted into generic interface. Former FmFolderView is renamed into FmStandardView so APIs specific to it have changed their names and arguments. Old APIs left for compatibility reasons. New FmFolderView interface now contains methods to handle popups, keyboard and mouse gestures, including Cut/Copy/Paste operations.
- Fixed compatibility with systems that are a bit old so have neither decent Vala compiler nor GLib 2.26.
- Few lesser bugfixes
pcmanfm-1.0.1.tar.gz, sha1: 36331ce628f6b81d64d5a8a677133555c9fbf042
libfm-1.0.1.tar.gz, sha1: 0df9084328e42b946085b4eb183078db117ada1c
Changelog for PCManFM without merges and translation commits
* d185c65 – Revert “Add a GtkHBox and GtkVBox inside right pane so later we can add other side bars as needed.” Put this in a feature branch “fileter” first.
* cc34028 – Add a GtkHBox and GtkVBox inside right pane so later we can add other side bars as needed.
* 6a9e415 – Fixed invalid sysconfdir when –prefix=/usr
* c78fba0 – Added workaround for ExoTreeView failure (see #3559255)
* 8ee5c1a – Fixed rubberbanding on desktop (closes #3561482).
* 1d8245a – Fixed forgotten reverting GIO encoding to NULL.
* 994d032 – Fixed error message on invalid IPC char a bit.
* d3de46e – removed validation of chars in IPC to allow invalid encodings to pass
* e0854cd – Fixed SIGSEGV on startup.
* e982b2e – Fixed memory leak in previous commit.
* 7f2da9d – Fixed single inst. client socket handler (closes #3527770).
* 2e20cdf – Added tab ‘Layout’ into preferences dialog.
* d0a8cb5 – Added one more hidden setting into pref dialog for future.
* 549b998 – Simplified configuration tests for more easy compiler arguments.
* 330e7e6 – Added few hidden elements into preferences dialog for future fixes.
* 6aec080 – Added test for library containig round(); thanks to Charles A Edwards.
* 96ad982 – Enforced dialog for inserted media to be above (closes #3558066).
* c4e5298 – Fix: cur_desktop was set to 0 always on startup.
* d5cbf01 – Added ‘Fullscreen’ toggle into main menu.
* 4cb6570 – Fixed shortcut creation when path contains spaces.
* 18aab7b – Added missing config.h inclusions.
* 6f316e3 – Fixed invalid detection of fm_default_dnd_dest_targets.
* f04f910 – Revert “Added configurable timeout for non-immediate config saving.”
* 3b53a34 – Added configurable timeout for non-immediate config saving.
* 1bba6c9 – Set version to 1.0.1~beta.
* 012b296 – Fixed invalid cast in init_entry().
* 98666c0 – Fixed pref.glade that has been made invalid by glade.
* cdcefd9 – Fixed invalid callback on_notebook_switch_page().
* 6e23f80 – Updated DnD to latest changes in libfm API.
* 244f9d2 – Fixed compatibility with GLib < 2.26.
* 3310f26 – Updated NEWS file.
* b53b7b3 – Implemented toggling fullscreen by ‘F11′.
* 8b85c2d – Fixed usage of SI units (closes #2964811).
* a0ac0f2 – Added config option for usage of SI units (closes #2964811).
* 3b5a3d9 – Fix for #3138596: Does not remeber window dimension after reboot
* a56a9de – Fix for #3411306: Open a folder on the wrong desktop.
* c65ba57 – Implemented multi-monitor support.
Changelog for libfm without merges and translation commits
* c867b0c – Fix incorrect marshaller used in “FmFolderView::sel-changed” signal.
* 9156919 – Fixed Cut->Paste again, now it tested to work cross-FM too.
* bb86682 – Fixed ‘Empty trash’ which ceased to work (see #3567440).
* 0730a52 – One more little fix on the same subject.
* 7d2f156 – A little doc fix.
* b7a0e2d – Macro G_DEPRECATED isn’t available on GLib < 2.32.
* db3bef2 – Don’t show folder as locked if its mode isn’t known.
* b072443 – Fix: icon_locked_folder shouldn’t be on non-folders (closes #3567440).
* a094f45 – Fix a typo – rename fm_dir_dist_job_get_files() to fm_dir_list_job_get_files().
* 7af850c – Fixed crash in FmPathEntry completion.
* 2011f3c – Optimized incorrect fm_folder_view_bounce_action() API.
* 717cc43 – Fixed validation and docs on fm_folder_view_set_active().
* 73dcdcc – Fixed Gtk-Critical via locks on GtkAccelGroup.
* 7403731 – Added fm_folder_view_set_active API – it’s required by pcmanfm…
* 082fc02 – Clipboard should not be cleared if it owned by others.
* 0d66c91 – Fix: absent focus may mean it’s FmDesktop so added check for it.
* 01fbb2d – Added one more ret=FALSE in the copy job, just in case.
* f844141 – Fixed losing the files in subdir on move errors (closes #3565792).
* d960cb1 – Added API fm_folder_view_unselect_all().
* 2692005 – Fixed invalid Cut->Paste clipboard behavior.
* 9adb644 – Added new API fm_clipboard_have_files().
* 359fe35 – ABI age bump before release.
* fbda66a – Added two config options for usage in 1.0.2.
* fcb3d11 – Fixed possible problem in src/job/fm-file-ops-job-change-attr.c.
* 74fd13a – Added few TODO comments.
* dbe546d – Corrected on_object_finalize() in docs for FmDndSrc and FmDndDest.
* fadb3f8 – Added commented out code for future optimizations.
* 158dc0b – A little documentation update for FmDndDest again.
* 3fb0d17 – GDK_ACTION_DEFAULT should not be used – fixed.
* 8b939de – Fixed crash in fm_dnd_dest_files_dropped() with empty selection.
* 6bddb07 – Added missing #include into src/glib-compat.h
* 8ae6863 – Little documentation update on FmDndDest APIs.
* 2c016b1 – Added macro fm_dnd_src_add_targets() for convenience.
* 77e9981 – Added 2 new APIs: fm_dnd_dest_new_with_handlers and fm_dnd_dest_add_targets.
* 2418f5a – Updated documentation on FmDndSrc for 1.0.1 changes.
* 611cf8d – Workaround on empty drag files list (possibly fixes #3559255:2).
* df13784 – A little optimization on “GTK_TREE_MODEL_ROW” atom usage.
* 155289f – Fixed adding bookmark by DnD to Places (was broken since 0.1.99).
* 20ea186 – If Vala requested but not found configure should fail (closes #3561872).
* 6ea762b – Fixed escaping of URI on launch (closes #3556518).
* 06aa1b6 – Fix broken C++ compatibility.
* daf102b – Fixed renaming fm-folder-exo-view.c in the po/POTFILES.in
* 4dabf8b – Fixed unportable macros in src/Makefile.
* 16a4b87 – Defaulting to copy if glib failed to determine drag target filesystem.
* 55a9544 – Fixed crash on symlink creation error.
* 1b03711 – Fixed crash in fm_app_menu_view_new() if “XDG_MENU_PREFIX” unset.
* 76eafac – Fixed invalid setting of single click in Detailed List View mode.
* fa46327 – Fix for #3559831: Right-click menu does not work with libfm git
* b1ad856 – Added condition on g_thread_init() which is deprecated in GLib >= 2.32.
* 94eae3e – Replaced deprecating AC_CHECK_LIB with AC_SEARCH_LIBS.
* 837ec6b – FmFolderExoView renamed into FmStandardView.
* 05c9fde – Removed glib-compat.h and gtk-compat.h from docs as it ought to be.
* e1e6ae2 – Added few translateable strings for future additions.
* 845103d – Added placeholder ‘CustomSortOps’ into src/gtk/fm-folder-view.c
* bd0c2da – automake 1.12: AM_PROG_AR should be before any of AC_
* 7252afd – Fixed signals accumulators and therefore descriptions.
* ff00280 – Fixed docs incompatibility with –disable-actions.
* 93d661c – Replaced g_list_free_full() which was missed in old GLib.
* 5e2c86f – Fix: g_app_info_set_as_last_used_for_type() requires GLib >= 2.27.6
* f5dd721 – quickfix for #3557764: pcmanfm-1.0 segfault in fm_file_info_is_image
* aa5566d – Fixed bad selection on right-click menu due to delayed “sel-changed” signal.
* 4eedb21 – Added Shift+F10 as menu shortcut (since we set it instead of signal).
* 67eb91f – Supressed error message when directory dragged few pixels so dropped on itself.
* a73208d – Added missing API into libfm-sections.txt file.
* 434daa9 – Fixed two settings on config save.
* 32ffc78 – Fixed slow thumbnails update (closes #3557361).
* 20e1fb6 – Implemented dropping files on desktop entry (closes #3448566).
* ceaf3ed – Set version to 1.0.1~beta.
* cb336a3 – Implemented wrapping of file name in view (closes #3436276, #3532037).
* eca482e – Fix for #3300797: Delete prompt isn’t on the first layer
* 364ea79 – Fixed leftover problems when compiled with gtk3; only src/gtk/exo/* left.
* 2fb14e3 – Fix for #3409834: Removable directory not removed if no x flag
* eb889f5 – Fixed custom application adding by full path (closes #3107434).
* 423f2c7 – Fixed user custom commandline app creation (closes #3100063).
* 9817947 – Choosen application should be set first (closes #3550143).
* aed49ac – Added minimal support for unacessible folders (closes #1893449).
* a286c4a – Fixed incorrect model unsetting in FmFolderExoView.
* 4ddf8a6 – Fix in fm_folder_view_item_clicked() without popup initialized.
* 41c81ef – Fixed wrong compatibility define.
* 1dd4c38 – Fixed wrong ShowHidden initialization in popup.
* 8b18344 – Fixed marshalling of GError for GLib < 2.26.
* 49eb765 – Added compatibility with GLib 2.22.
* 9943cbb – Adaptations for Gtk+3.0. src/gtk/exo/* still needs reworking.
* 2ea6fcf – Replaced deprecated Gtk APIs.
* 98824b4 – Fixed compilation with –disable-actions.
* 92c1cf4 – Fix on compatibility of FM_FOLDER_EXO_VIEW_MODE_IS_VALID.
* 586b02e – Fixed libfm/fm-gtk.h include file.
* 088ddcf – More fixes on developer documentation.
* 43efa7b – Updated NEWS file.
* d2f0cd5 – Disabled check for mmap since mmap isn’t used anymore.
* 04853a5 – Developers documentation update.
* 5463ad5 – Lowered glib requirement to 2.24 if built with –disable-actions.
* 9675a38 – Commented out GMODULE tests as it isn’t used currently.
* f053378 – Removed GLIB_CFLAGS and GLIB_LIBS since those never used really.
* 73399de – Added ‘backup_as_hidden’ config statement (closes #3416724).
* c889b57 – Added ‘force_startup_notify’ config statement (closes #3297912).
* cb702c7 – Fixed usage of SI units (closes #2964811).
* 7a98042 – Added option –disable-actions for systems with too old Vala.
* 10f2891 – Reverted back unwanted reset_selected() as it slows down things.
* 38f96b3 – (missed)Fix for slow deleting by “sel-update” by limiting updates speed.
* d3a3928 – Converted FmFolderView into generic interface.
* 5b44373 – Rename in preparation to FmFolderView convertation.
* 1250708 – Fix for bugs #3008979 and #3526139; rubber-banding on rows should be disabled.
* 924d2d1 – Fix for slow deleting by “sel-update” by limiting updates speed.
* 906b5c8 – Implemented hash for very large folders.
* c8d81c1 – Fix freeze on loading very large dir.
I’m here to call for a review for PCManFM as the source code in git isin quite good shape now.Many known bugs are fixed and I did much refactor to the tabbedbrowsing part and merge changes in tab-rework3 branch with master.Please help test and update translations in various distros. If things are ok, I propose a new release.
Some major changes:
- “Reload Folder” is available now in View menu.
- “Directory Tree” mode is available in side pane.
- Filesystem size is updated in a more correctly and efficient way.
- Many bugs causing crashes are fixed.
- Shows a warning icon in toolbar when running as “root”.
- Supports menu keys.
- Fixed some memory leaks.
- ~ and / to move focus to location bar
- Improve internal structure of PCManFM.
- Code cleanup.
A new release as 0.9.9 is required. Please help review and test the code in git.Thanks a lot!
Everybody loves screenshot!
Directory tree in side pane was a feature in PCManFM 0.5 series, but it’s not yet implemented in the latest rewrite. Yesterday, I finished the rewrite for directory tree and added it to PCManFM. This new feature is now availble in git repository. I also added a drop-down menu to side pane to swtich between different kind of side panes. Currently there are only “Places” and “Directory Tree”. Later I plan to add more modes.
I also reworked the tabbed browsing part yesterday. Due to the limitations of GTK+, I did some dirty hacks for it to reduce resource usage. This comes at the price of less readable source code, though. After the tab-browsing rework, I fixed an old bug causing incorrect and outdated info shown in status bar so now the info in status bar is up-to-date most of the times. Later, I’ll try to add a “Reload” button so remote filesystems without notifications on changes can be refreshed manually.
To test the latest features, grab the source code from git.
You have to install libfm first:
This is the supporting library required by PCManFM.
Then install pcmanfm. Notice that the new feature is in "tab-rework" branch, not in "master"
If you don’t know how to compile libfm/pcmanfm from source code, read this:
Now, it’s time to fix the remaining bugs in the bug tracker and keep heading for 1.0 release.
A picture is worth a thousand words.
The directory tree is not yet added to PCManFM itself. This screenshot is the demo program included in libfm. A very primitive directory tree is finished. Later I’ll add this to PCManFM.
Many people are curious about this feature since it used to be available in old PCManFM 0.5 series, but why it’s not implemented in the new series?
- We want a better one which supports asynchronous I/O and does not block the UI.
- It supports gio. So later we may add remote filesystem supports to it.
- It might run faster than the old one
- The source code is cleaner and more well-structured
- The “<Empty>” items look weird and less elegant, but detecting whether a folder contains sub folders and keeping all the nodes updated in real time requires much more resources since you have monitor all of them one by one. On Linux it’s not an issue since inotify supports monioring of tons of files. On other POSIX systems, this can potentially use up all file descriptors available to a process. So, finally I do it like this way.
Please, stay tuned. I’ll put this in PCManFM soon.
OK, it’s time to tell the world what we’re doing to the file manager Here is a status report for PCManFM.
- Several bugs are fixed, and others are not. I’m currently working on fixing them.
- Directory tree will be available from side pane again in next release. I have finished 50% of the feature and hope that I can make it in the following weeks
- Tabs now takes less space when showing filenames that are too long.
- The location bar is re-written. Now auto-completion for directory paths works more correctly.
- I have implemented a simple button-style path bar recently, but to add it to PCManFM, some changes to the UI are needed so this might not be available yet in the next release.
- Integration with lxshortcut is planned. So you can create new application shortcut on the desktop easier, but this is not yet implemented.
- Status messages are now more correct and human readable.
- Some code cleanup was done to make the source code more readable to future contributors.
- While fixing bugs of PCManFM, I found a severe bug in udisks regarding to CD-ROM polling. This bug leaves the filesystem on CD-ROM mounted even after the media has been removed via pressing physical eject button on the device. I made a patch for it, but upstream authors did not accept the patch. They came up with a new solution utilizing the latest in-kernel polling provided by Linux kernel and did some fixes themselves. So in the near future, this bug will be resolved anyways.
So these are basically what I’m doing on the file manager recently. Please help if you can. Thanks a lot.
Effective immediately we have stopped using Transifex.net for translating LXDE components. All translators and prospective translators inside the LXDE project have been informed about this move via the platform itself. We have removed the possibility to submit strings in the tool but unfortunately for people who have submitted stirngs there in spite of the earlier warnings we can not recover the strings. If you have done work and the file appears more complete in Tx than in git/pootle please contact the lxde-i18n mailinglist to get advice on how to proceed.
It’s sad to be forced down this path but as with every decision there is a rollback option. If the time changes we might consider to use Transifex.net again in the future. This is however way out of schedule by now.
Thanks everyone using Tx to do translations for LXDE – it’s been valuable and we hope you will switch to use Pootle instead (as upload service or as a online tool).
Thank you Transifex developers, we do know you a great guys doing a great deal of work but the connection between the projects just weren’t there for the time being. If you make changes that we might benefit from we love to here from you again!
We’ve dropped transifex by now.
The recent weeks have been interesting in the world of online translation management as Transifex got promoted to 1.0. As we are one of the project using the hosted service at transifex.net since almost a year now it was with both joy and disappointment we read the changelog. While bringing many nice features and awesome changes it also dropped the key advantage feature and the real killer, direct integration with VCS (in our case git at sourceforge.net).
For the time being we can not guarantee that changes made in LXDE translation files at transifex.net will be integrated in the main LXDE component code. The general rule of thumb is to not use transifex.net to do updates to LXDE components until further notice because the risk of changes being in conflict it might make your changes corrupt. We still have the Pootle server running and as long as nothing changes there it is a good way of doing the translations. For a limited time period we will also accept changes via e-mail, send a message to the LXDE i18n mailinglist to get this sorted out for you.
We will try to get transifex.net going again. There is a possibility that we will fail and decide to not support it.
Either way we will state that here at the blog and in the LXDE i18n mailing list so just check back here in some days.