After next round of bugfixes next version of LXDE session manager finally came to the release time. We all hope it is more stable and bugless now.
New release tarball download link:
lxsession-0.5.2.tar.xz – SHA1: 00d45cccbdd6fb05c46998671a7c12123a0a2179
Changes since previous release 0.5.1 (see git log for details):
- Corrected connect and emit signals for lxsession-db to fix hanging in some cases.
- Fixed duplicate lxpolkit invocation.
- Updated few translations.
- Added some environment variables for LXQt and Qt support.
- Fixed D-Bus string comparison in lxsession-logout.
- Added ESCAPE key to close the lxsession-logout menu.
- Created lock file to prevent more than one logout dialog.
- Using libunique for lxpolkit and lxclipboard, to avoid launching it twice.
- Fixed gtk3 compilation.
- Few small corrections in the Makefile.
The session manager for LXDE was in long development and it still is. Julien did a lot for it to make it better. It is far from perfection yet but it is usable again and we hope it is a bit better than it was before. Two releases in row – 0.5.0, then fast bugfix next one – 0.5.1.
New release tarball download link:
lxsession-0.5.1.tar.xz – SHA1: 3419802c9e7269093900dd5fd4948acb95dec253
The most noticeable changes since previous stable release 0.4.6.1 (see git log for details):
- Translations updates.
- Added support for reboot and shutdown in LTST client.
- Added support for user switch.
- Added clipboard support, based on Xfce one.
- Added options to launch default applications.
- Rewritten whole lxsession in Vala.
- Implemented a connection to session bus.
- Added ability to change settings by Dbus call, example by keymap configuration.
- Added signal / Dbus for changing window manager.
- Added Dbus method for restarting Xsettings.
- Added Dbus methods for xrandr options.
- Added more details in the desktop.conf example.
- Added GTK, Mouse and Keyboard to the list of settings + Dbus methods to change them.
- Added lxclipboard standalone, and an option to launch it instead of built-in the support.
- Implemented network GUI default application (nm-applet, wicd, etc.).
- Moved in lxpolkit from standalone package.
- Moved in lxsession-edit from standalone package.
- Implemented audio-manager handler support.
- Implemented quit manager support and expose it in Dbus.
- Implemented workspace manager option and expose it in Dbus.
- Implemented launcher manager support and expose it on Dbus.
- Implemented terminal by default support and expose on Dbus.
- Implemented minimal support for inhibition of the screensaver.
- Implemented option to disable autostarted applications on home and system directory.
- Implemented new way of launching windows manager.
- Implemented composite manager handler.
- Rebased lxlock on xflock, and extend it with lightdm and xdg-screensaver.
- Added i3lock support in lxlock.
- Added systemd-logind support.
- Added more options for the disable_autostart option.
- Added an option for screenshot to take only the current window.
- Made lxsession-logout working when lxsession is not running.
- Added lxsession-default utility.
- Added PackageManagerRunning signal and ProxyOption initial commit.
- Increased timeout for lxsession-logout, to make authentification possible.
- Removed conditionnal support for Dbus, it’s now mandatory.
- Added razorqt polkit agent support.
- Added the version to the session name in lxsession-logout.
- Implemented AudioManagerSet.
- Implemented others Get() Set() functions for *_manager.
- Implemented close() and reload() for all Apps.
- Implemented panel control mechanism.
- Implemented a more complex quit_manager.
- Implemented ability to set some custom XDG environment variables.
- Added an ssh-agent option instead of gnome-keyring.
- Added lxterminal conffiles, and enabled the one for xscreensaver.
- Added “support” for libfm in conffiles.
- Implemented Desktop handler.
- Implemented upstart user session option.
- Implemented lxsession-default-apps, the GUI for configuring lxsession.
- Implemented lxsession-db, to build database of available applications by categories.
- Made it possible to set working directory when launching app, and set it for the terminal.
- Added a lxsettings-daemon binary independant from lxsession core.
- Implemented SessionSupport and SessionSupportDetail Dbus interface.
- Removed gee dependencies, use HashTable.
- Fixed lxsession-logout when lsb_release is not available.
- New –disable-gtk flag, which doesn’t build any gtk component at build time.
- Added support for ubuntu appmenu environment variable.
- Added light-locker in lxlock.
- Added support for only reload 5 times applications which are reloaded.
- Added missing man pages for some binaries.
So we had a very ugly crash bug in LXSession 0.4.6, that is fixed but we know that the fix is not complete and there will be a proper 0.4.7 release as soon as possible. This version is at least usable.
Get the file at sourceforge.net: lxsession-0.4.6.1.tar.gz, sha1: ef7f74617f7555f3e292b670099ef44389a9a849
82e5901 Fix crash on start
New week and time for an update regarding the translations for LXDE. During the last week some more users have started the translations in Pootle and by all means have delivered. Significant changes are noted in Danish that are 100% complete by now, good work!
If you are new to Pootle and/or translation in general take a look at the crash course at the LXDE wiki and then go grab some strings. Just some spare minutes are needed to make some languages 100% complete, others could benefit a great deal from just some minutes of work and that coul add up to a complete translation. Start with the low hanging fruit, skip LXPanel if you are not too familiar with doing translations.
By now the following languages are complete:
– Portugese (Brazilian)
And in close range of 100% is the following:
– Arabic (one string marked fuzzy in LXPanel)
– Ukrainian (one string marked fuzzy in LXLauncher, in fact it is untranslated!)
– Czech is at 87% (only LXPanel left, over two thirds are already done)
– German at 84% (missing strings in LXPanel, LXLauncher and LXMusic. The last two is small and pretty easy to finish I guess)
For the other represented languages more actions are needed to make them complete, some are close to 80% with others only done in LXMenu-data that we have imported from GNOME.
It’s well known and well documented that our session manager LXSession Lite suppport the autostart freedesktop.org specs. However, autostart spec is a term for developers and it’s meaningless for our end users. Basically, it provides a way to automatically start some applications after login.
Now this can (partially) be configured through a simple GUI – LXSession Edit.
You can turn on some disabled gnome applications in LXDE with this handy tool.
Also, window manager used in LXDE can be changed with this tool, too (Only lxsession lite is supported, not the deprecated lxsession).
Currently adding and removing application from this startup list is not yet available, but it will be support in the next release.
The package is available here for testing: https://sourceforge.net/project/showfil…
Testers and packagers are wanted!!